Unpopular Aviation Opinions (Real word Edition)

What are some of you unpopular aviation opinions?

I’ll start off with one: the 757 isn’t that nice to fly in (at least for American Airline’s economy).

Rules:

1. No Boeing vs Airbus stuff, that’ll get this topic closed

Thats it, have fun

11 Likes

That LaGuardia isn’t as bad as you think

24 Likes

it’s overhated for sure.

4 Likes

We’re all overheated because of climate change or something idk
Also SSJ 100 is a great plane, it just that replacement parts and PR department are incompetent.

6 Likes

I’d rather fly on a classic airliner (A300, DC-9, DC-8, 727, MD-88, 767, etc.) over any new/modern airliner.

18 Likes

Major airports are turning into mini upscale malls. Examples of this are upscale restaurants, perfume shops, sports, jewelry and clothing stores like Nike and Ralph Lauren. Didn’t have much of that in the 90s then in the mid 00s they started popping up.

29 Likes

The US3 airlines actually aren’t that bad because they turn a healthy profit for their shareholders and don’t rely as much on the government compared to the state-backed ME3 and Chinese carriers. Exceptions for corona apply though.

9 Likes

Toronto Pearson airport is not as nice as you think. We always get a headache when we get there (we usually go there around 3 times a year). Also, LAX is even worse than you think in real life. It took the taxi driver 20 minutes to drive to the airport, but 45 minutes to get to the drop off terminal due to crazy traffic. I was banging my head against the window on my cab.

3 Likes

That is so true.

1 Like

American Airlines fleet is sooo boring and the planes they pick for routes is also boring.

10 Likes

That KATL is a bad airport

That AirAsia is definitely the best lowcost carrier out there.

I am going to disagree with you. American airlines uses mostly new airplanes with nice leather seats. I am sorry, I don’t know what you mean by boring fleet.

3 Likes

Terminal C is nicer than terminal B at Newark Airport.

1 Like

Bruh Charm why you in AAVA then 🤣😂

3 Likes

I remember the immigration lines at terminal B. It was long.

1 Like

I like the pilots in AAVA more than I like AA

2 Likes

I waited for 90 minutes once. The insanity of it.

1 Like

I mean like they skipped out on a lot of good planes over the decades like 747 and stuff

1 Like

Ouch, I only had to wait for 45 minutes.