Unofficial Takeoff and Landing Profiles (777-200ER)

Welcome to the Unofficial Takeoff and Landing Profiles guide! This brief guide should get you into the air as well as on your way to a successful landing in just a few minutes. The table below should be pretty self explanatory for the most part. Please read through the notes section at the end of this tutorial for further clarification on some of the items found within the table.

Purpose:

The purpose of this guide is to provide you with ball park speeds, flap settings, and power settings to get you in the air and onto the runway in one piece. These values are not 100% accurate as each flight is unique to what performance will be required.

Load % Takeoff Power Setting Takeoff Flaps Rotate Airborne by Landing Flaps Final Approach Flare
25% 75% = 87% N1 Flaps 5 130kts 150kts Flaps 30 130kts 125kts
50% 78% = 89% N1 Flaps 5 / 15 140kts 165kts Flaps 30 140kts 135kts
75% 81% = 92% N1 Flaps 5 / 15** 150kts 170kts Flaps 30 155kts 150kts
>75%*** 84% = 95% N1 Flaps 15 / 20** 150kts+ 170kts+ Flaps 30 160kts-165kts 155kts+

**Note: Depending on the length of runway, weight, terrain and other considerations, a higher flap setting may be desired

***Note: Takeoff over 75% may result in takeoff over Maximum Takeoff Weight (MTOW). This could lead you to be landing overweight depending on your configuration

Flaps

For reference the flap and various limitations for each setting are listed below. These can also be found in the cockpit of the 777 near the gear lever.

Flaps Speed Limitation
1 255 kts
5 235 kts
15 215kts
20 195 kts
25 185 kts
30 170 kts

General Notes

• For 25-50% loads, Flaps 5 was used for data
  • For 75-100% load, Flaps 15 was used for data
  • APPR is disabled for landings greater than 47% which is where the Maximum Landing Weight (MLW) lies
  • "Airborne By" indicates a speed that you should be off the ground no later than. By the time you reach this speed, you should be in the climb and gear in the retraction process.
  • Takeoff Power Setting- The first percentage is your throttle amount. The second value is the N1 read out as indicated in green above your throttle.
  • 100% throttle should never be used. Aircraft in the real world very rarely exceed 100% as this is mainly used for emergencies only.

Please keep an eye out for the Official 777-200ER Tutorial that Infinite Flight will release on their YouTube Channel sometime in the near future. The channel can be found here.

Additionally, please also reference The New B772 Cockpit: Explained topic for any other inquiries you may have in regards to the symbols or markings you may find in the cockpit.

Questions?

Feel free to add any questions or other helpful tips/pointers that you may find beneficial to others and myself or our helpful community members will gladly address those.

Please also check out the Unofficial A350 (T/O & LDG) Profiles if you would like to see a similar table for the A350. I’ll plan on making this “Unofficial” series a regular thing as aircraft are reworked or new from the factory.

Have fun! ✈️

80 Likes

Wow! Great information! Thanks, @DeerCrusher.

1 Like

Yes! @DeerCrusher is back at it again with his amazing tutorial’s! 😁

Woah this is such a nice guide. Will put it to test once I fly my long haul. Very resourceful 👏

1 Like

Anyone kno what Trim?

Hi there. What should the TRIM settings be on the B772?

15-25% would be good to play with. The lighter you are, the less trim required. I found that I like 20% the best.

5 Likes

Wow. Thank you for this! I’ve definitely been using too much flaps 😂

I’ve been using flaps 15 at low weights until I found this.

Thanks for the tutorial, especially the takeoff power settings!

Thx for this ! Very useful for smooth and efficient TO and landings, can’t wait for the next plane :)

Envoyé de monaillefone

@DeerCrusher what is to be the maximum N1 one should have during cruise? I know that it varies based on the load % but a rough average…

tipically it’s mach 0.84

The Mach speed I know, I been looking more on the internet. I think I got the answer, thank you 😊

I can adjust the numbers to follow more closely to that, but unfortunately due to copyright legalities, I’d ask you to remove the document. Similar to our stance on charts. 😬 Thanks. Cool nonetheless.

1 Like

Thank you @DeerCrusher this really helps.

1 Like

Thank you @DeerCrusher this has really helped me takeoff off in the 777

1 Like

is flaps 5 at a 45% load too little? using 14,000ft runway at jfk

For load 25% > flaps 5% / power 75% / N1 87% / VR 130
Load 50% > flaps 5/15 % / power 78% / N1 89 / VR 140
Etc … I found this in one of the topics - For taking off, N1 value is important, power to obtain the requested N1 depends on many climatic / altitude … factors

Christophe BARBE

Gesandt von meinem iPolster durch Apfel
Dikirim dari blok saya di Apel
منذ تقريري كتلة من أبل

1 Like

Revised and updated topic found here: