Unofficial Community Meetup | Melbourne International Airport | 9 Days To Go

Credit to @Alexander_Nikitin for the banner.

Unofficial Community Meetup | Melbourne International Airport

Ladies and Gentlemen, the time has come…

I will be hosting an Unofficial Community Meetup at Operations Road, Spotting Car Park at Melbourne, International Airport on Saturday, December 19th. You can find the time for the meetup below:

Starts: 2020-12-19T00:00:00Z

The meetup does not have an exact finish time because I’m sure as you know as fellow aviation enthusiasts when we go spotting, we can get carried away for ages. As mentioned above, the meetup will commence at 11AM and we will meet at Operations Road, Spotting Car Park. It will most likely be a full day of spotting and hanging out whilst adhering to all COVID-19 regulations and rules (more details below). Please let me know if you are interested in taking part in this amazing experience for us Aussies and anyone else that wants to come along.

Confirmed Attendees:

@Declan_O
@Oli_H

COVID-19 Regulations and Information:

As I’m sure we are all aware, there are certain COVID-19 Regulations and Information from the Chief Health Officer that we must follow and adhere to at all times.

With the easing of restrictions in Victoria, we are allowed to have outdoor gatherings of up to 50 people.

Even though face masks are not a requirement outdoors when you can appropriately social distance from others, I ask that you please wear a face mask when attending this meetup, as there is the possibility of a large group of us and the safety, health and wellbeing of everyone attending is our utmost priority.

It is important to remember that we must adhere to all social distancing requirements, including remaining at least 1.5M away from others at all times.

Also please remember to wash your hands as often as possible and remember cough and sneeze etiquette.

With all of that being said, it’s time for a meetup here in Australia and is a fantastic opportunity for all to get together and celebrate our love for aviation and our passion for Infinite Flight and aviation as a whole. This is a unique opportunity and one that certainly can’t be missed.

46 Likes

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun Declan! Too bad I am half a world away or else I would love to come.

Certainly will be a lot of fun for sure. That’s a shame mate, it would of been awesome to have you attend.

I’m sure there will be plenty more opportunities in the future.

1 Like

Thanks Declan! I would love to attend a meet & greet sometime 😀

1 Like

Awesome banner!

Even though I’m the same latitude as Melbourne, I’m still a 1/4 of the world away 😅

I wish you and all attendees fun :)

All credit for the banner goes to @Alexander_Nikitin with the amazing talent that he has!

Thanks mate, I’m sure it will be a fun meetup.

4 Likes

Crys in American

1 Like

Glad you liked it, it was an absolute pain to do. Had to wait 1-2 minutes before my macbook finally re-rendered the map after a simple change of line thickness. Oh well, at least the dot has an orange shadow

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I’ve cried in Australia plenty of times when I couldn’t go to meetups, haha!

In all honesty though, I’m sure there will be plenty more opportunities in the future.

7 Likes

I would love to attend but “sadly” I live in Europe…

1 Like

Can’t come because of COVID and it’s too far away from me

15,000 miles far

That’s a shame mate, it would of been great to have you. I’m sure there would be plenty more opportunities in the future.

Completely understand and it’s a shame. 15,000 miles is certainly a very long trip, haha!

4 Likes

Wow nice 👍

I agree! Unfortunately I live too far away, and I won’t be able to attend. ☹️

Have fun, Declan! 😝

Declan, @Alex_E @Choccymilk and I will be at Sydney airport so we should get on a zoom call and can be there from the other state. Would be a good idea

Yeah, that does sound like a good idea. We can certainly organise it for sure!

Thanks mate, it certainly should be a fun time for everyone involved.

If tickets weren’t above $10000 then I would’ve wanted to go. Sorry Declan

1 Like

Yeah, that is crazy expensive. No worries mate!

No worries mate, I’m sure we will have fun for sure!

2 Likes

Poor Declan, only finding out who won’t be able to come by posting this topic 🥲 hope it’s fun, the IFC will surely need some pics!

1 Like