Unofficial A350 (T/O & LDG) Profiles

Below is a Takeoff & Landing table for the A350 under certain aircraft load. Use these numbers in the meantime until an official Takeoff & Landing tutorial comes out for the A350. The flaps remain consistent for takeoff and landings as you’ll see below. On the enroute climb, cruise, and descent, I would suggest looking in the cockpit for the speeds at which you can lower flaps. This is placarded in the virtual cockpit.

Also important to take note of the note at the bottom for aircraft loads above 75%. For those looking to do the Newark (KEWR) to Singapore (WSSS) or any other ultra long haul flight, you will be over 75% aircraft load. You shouldn’t be hitting 100% or over 100% N1 on these heavy departures, so using the power settings below, I would suggest something within reason.

Load % Takeoff Power Setting Takeoff Flaps Rotate Landing Flaps Final Approach Flare
25% 85% = 88% N1 Flaps 2 130kts Flaps Full 135kts 130kts
50% 86% = 89% N1 Flaps 2 140kts Flaps Full 145kts 140kts
75% 88% = 91% N1 Flaps 2 150kts Flaps Full 155kts 150kts
>75%*** 89% = 92% N1 Flaps 2 155kts+ Flaps Full 160kts+ 155kts+

***Note: Takeoff over 75% may result in takeoff over Maximum Takeoff Weight (MTOW). This could lead you to be landing overweight depending on your configuration

Again not an official tutorial. This is a tutorial to give you general speeds to ensure for a smooth departure and arrival to/from the runway.

130 Likes

Thanks DeerCrusher hopefully this can make my already buttery landings even better.

1 Like

Great! Just what I needed!
One question though Deer, isn’t the Typical Airbus takeoff flap settings 1+F? (Assuming average weight and good runway length)

8 Likes

I typically use 2 setting but that might be wrong

I also use 1+F but really I’d think it depends on weight and runway length as well. Thanks for the guide @DeerCrusher !

1 Like

Thanks! I found myself going too slow for my weight which resulted in a struggle for AP to hold my heading on final.

4 Likes

Flaps 1+F, 2, and 3 are all settings for Takeoff. Choosing the middle of those 3 settings because now folks can flop to either side and take more or less flap. 🙂

7 Likes

Said this on a different topic but once again, thank you very much for this!

Personally less than 35% load, I use 1+F rotate at 140knots
MTOW take off will use flaps 2

1 Like

Since I think this is the right topic to ask. What VS have you found works to slow the airplane down to cross 250. I was able to do 1300 with spoilers, just curious what you found works.

Takeoff performance on the A350 is phenomenal!
Last nights takeoff to ICN:
KDTW
Runway 22L (12,000 by 200)
Winds 230@11
CONF 1+F
FLEX
Full length
279,994KG (6kg under MTOW)
I had a VR speed of only 157 (157, 157, 159)
And I rotated by the 9L intersection, about 5800ft down the runway.
That huge wing is incredible, that thing loves to fly!

1 Like

Anything less that 1300 is good. The aircraft will be hardest to slow down between altitudes 15,000 thru 10,000ft. Maybe a little higher that 15k but something to play around with. You’ll find the aircraft is slippery through the air at those altitudes.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks Deer. I’ll test it out 👍

Thank you for this

@DeerCrusher Apparently the landing speed listed above by you is way too fast, especially the 155 knots approach speed (Vapp).

As per Airbus’ actual aircraft characteristics file, even at maximum landing weight (MLW), the A350-900 should be at 140 knots, while touching down at 135 knots.

Even for the A350-1000 which is longer, the 4% larger wing area with longer trailing edge would enable it to have a Vapp of 147 knots & yet the same touchdown speed or (Vref) of 135 knots.

6 Likes

Shouldnt it be flaps 1+F for takeoff. I use this setting even on heavy load and it’s fine.

No. On shorter runways 1+F is not sufficient

@DeerCrusher posted this above which answers your question. Use your own good judgement to decide which setting is best.

1 Like

I’d say to use 2 or 3 is not realistic for take off In any airbus as it creates too much drag for climb out.
Unless it’s a super short runway which itself is not realistic as no A350s services operate out of short runway fields.

Until you can tell Airbus that they’re wrong and that they should only use Flaps 1+F as you’re insinuating, I’m still going to go by Airbus’ textbook figures. 1+F, 2, and 3 are all used for Takeoff. The data I provide isn’t just something random I pulled from thin air. I wouldn’t mislead you guys. 🙂

You can also view this PDF which is available to the public online. Page 16.

12 Likes