Unnecessary Ghosting

I haven’t flown in awhile but I’ve been grade 5 before. I was just flying in Denver and was in the pattern. I was cleared for the option and while I was on short final another aircraft entered the runway. I powered up for a go-around since I was going to be in the traffic pattern. As soon as I got aloft I was ghosted for “taking off/landing without permission. I was already cleared for the option do what gives? The ghosting downgraded my to grade 2. I’d like some insight on this to what I might have done wrong.

3 Likes

Hello there! Please look into your logbooks and contact the ATC controller via a PM. However, to do this, you have to be TL1, keep liking and posting and you will get there in no time!

2 Likes

Or the controller can contact him directly…once we know who it is

3 Likes

Here on IFC, we always want to decrease the amount of ‘unecessary ghosting’ articles, so try to get in contact with your ATC controller ASAP.

Going onto a higher note, we are glad to see you in the community! Enjoy the party!

1 Like

Well, aloft from short final? Aloft from the ground? There’s a big difference.

5 Likes

It appears the issue is solved. @WooPig76, if you have any further questions, DM @blue_bird.

@blue_bird In the future, it might be better to do explaining via PM as it saves the ghosted pilot from possible embarrassment. Just a suggestion. 🤷‍♂️

3 Likes

It appears you landed on 17R rather than your assigned 17L @WooPig76…which is why you were ghosted

What happened to addressing Report queries via Direct Message? I am flagging this thread to be closed and suggest now that any further discussions are done outside this thread.

10 Likes