Unknown aircraft, unable to communicate.

So I was just controlling at KLAX tower and despite the mayhem I had things relatively under control. Then an aircraft pulls up to rwy 25L requesting take off, I go to clear them and I’m left with no options? The aircraft is labeled as unknown, callsign is UKN, is this a bug or someone with a bad/pirated account?

This completely blocked access to the runway!

4 Likes

Sometimes a restart fixes it. I believe this is a known problem. not sure however

3 Likes

I see. First time I’ve encountered this. Thanks

2 Likes

It’s usually caused by an error somewhere between the user’s device and yours. Could be that it didn’t register their info properly when they started the session, causing it to return data as unknown. Most likely connection issues. If a developer/tester’s aircraft type displays as unknown (and everything else is shown properly), then it’s just meaning that the other user is using something you don’t have (new plane for example).

4 Likes

I’ve seen unknown before. They always time out shortly after I notice it. I could be wrong but I think it’s a problem with their internet connection.

2 Likes

My connection is 4 bars

1 Like

This is a very well known bug. Just handle it the best you can.

3 Likes

This:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.