United's One-Time Frequency Flights For College Football Fans

College football season is fast approaching, and I for one cannot wait! It seems as though United Airlines can’t wait either, as they announced several very interesting routes to give college football fans a chance to travel to see their team play on the road! Here is a list of some of the most interesting routes United will be flying this fall.

1. Lincoln (LNK) - Lansing (LAN) (Nebraska vs. Michigan State)

Certainly the most unusual of all these routes, this flight will give Cornhuskers fans a chance to see their beloved Big Red take on rival
Michigan State. This flight operates on September 24th with a CRJ-550 and costs $180 one way.

2. Eugene (EUG) - Columbus (CMH) (Oregon vs. Ohio State)

An early season matchup between college football powerhouses is sure to fill this flight up quickly, as the Ducks travel to Columbus to take on the Buckeyes in a rematch of the 2014 National Championship. This flight operates on September 10th with an Airbus A320 and costs $369 one way.

3. Birmingham (BHM) - State College (SCE) (Auburn vs. Penn State)

This early season meeting between the Auburn Tigers and the Nittany Lions of Penn State should be a great game, and United is ready to take advantage, offering this flight TWO times on September 18th with a CRJ-200 aircraft. Prices start at $230 one way.

4. Boston (BOS) - Greenville (GSP) (Boston College vs. Clemson)

Entering the season ranked at #2 in the country, Clemson is poised to make a run at yet another national title. After losing a close game in Boston last year, the Eagles look for revenge in this ACC matchup. United will fly this route on October 1st using an E175 aircraft. Prices start at $114.

5. Atlanta (ATL) - Greenville (GSP) (Georgia Tech vs. Clemson)

Considering this route is already operated by several other airlines, this route isn’t particularly special. However, United will be offering it anyway to give Yellowjacket fans a chance to see their team take on Clemson. This flight will be operated on September 18th with an E175 aircraft starting at $67.

6. Austin (AUS) - Fayetteville (XNA) (Texas vs. Arkansas)

Now we go to the Big 12, where United is giving fans a chance to see this future SEC matchup as the Longhorns of Texas travel to take on the Razorbacks of Arkansas. The flight will operate on September 11th with an E175, and prices start at $180

7. Detroit (DTW) - Madison (MSN) (Michigan vs. Wisconsin)

The Wolverines travel to take on the Badgers in this classic Big 10 matchup. United will fly this route on October 1st using a CRJ-550. Prices start at $169

So IF Community, what is your opinion of United’s commitment to college football fans this season? Will you be flying any of these interesting routes yourself? Which of these is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!

Map of United’s One-Time College Football Routes:

Source on all prices: United app, basic economy

18 Likes

I don’t want to be that guy, but I’m pretty sure this is Auburn, Penn State (luckily) doesn’t play Alabama this year

Anyways, very interesting post, I’d be interested to see if any other airlines do the same as United does for CFB games

1 Like

Oof, this is the one I didn’t check so I just assumed. 💀 Let me fix that real quick

1 Like

Adding to this list as I find more flights:

7. Detroit (DTW) - Madison (MSN) (Michigan vs. Wisconsin)

The Wolverines travel to take on the Badgers in this classic Big 10 matchup. United will fly this route on October 1st using a CRJ-550. Prices start at $169

Couple more just showed up on the schedule!!

Pittsburgh (PIT) - Knoxville (TYS) (Pitt vs. Tennessee)

September 10, CRJ-200, $180

Detroit (DTW) - Lincoln (LNK) (Michigan vs. Nebraska)

October 8, Boeing 737-700, $190

Baton Rouge (BTR) - Los Angeles (LAX) (LSU vs. UCLA)

September 3, Boeing 737-800, $217

And another few just added to the schedule!!

South Bend (SBN) - Roanoke (ROA) (Notre Dame vs. Virginia Tech)

October 8, E175, $175

Los Angeles (LAX) - South Bend (SBN) (USC vs. Notre Dame)

October 22, Boeing 737-900, $159

Birmingham (BHM) - College Station (CLL) (Alabama vs. Texas A&M)

October 8, Airbus A319, $109

State College (SCE) - Cedar Rapids (CID) (Penn State vs. Iowa)

October 8, Airbus A320, $260

Syracuse (SYR) - Greenville (GSP) (Syracuse vs. Clemson)

October 16, Airbus A320, $109

Some sick routes for sure! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Indeed! I just want them to add a flight for a game for Liberty University cause we’re supposed to be really good this year!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.