United Virtual // Where Good Leads the Way

Proud to be a pilot for UVAL!

Amazing thread !

2 Likes

An amazing VA that gives you an opportunity to fly the skies as real as possible! With friendly and accommodating staff who are constantly working hard to give us members a unique experience. With a large selection of aircraft, routes, codeshares routes and our Star Alliance partners, you will definitely enjoy flying with UVAL! With great routes comes amazing hubs, we got a number of hubs you can fly in and out of!

Proud to be part of a great diverse community with great leadership!
“Connecting people. Uniting the world.”

Benny C.
KSFO (Home Airport)

2 Likes

Great thread! I am thinking of applying and have a couple questions. I see you have a few different type rating categories. How exactly does this work? Can you choose to get type rated on any aircraft from the start, or do you have to start with the regional aircraft and work your way up? How fast or how often can you switch the aircraft that you’re type rated on? How does it work with filing PIREPS? Can you only fly the aircraft you’re type rated on? I really like this idea of type rating, as it brings a lot of realism. I appreciate any help with these questions.

We’re glad you’re interested. It’s an excellent question. Upon graduating the Aviate Academy, you’ll be entered as a First Officer with Mainline (Grade 3) or United Express (Grade 2). United Express pilots will have to fly and log their flights on the Training Server until they reach Grade 3 where they’ll then be entered into Mainline.

Once you’re a First Officer, you’re automatically certified to fly the following aircraft: CRJ7, E175, B737, B738, B739, A320. You can immediately qualify yourself for additional aircraft such as the B752, B763, or the B772, B773, B789, B78X. Once you obtain those ratings, they will not be removed.

To answer your question directly, no, there is never a need to switch type ratings. Yes, you may only fly the aircraft you’re type rated on.

United Virtual operates on the idea of realism and simplicity. We’re glad to like the system and we hope you do apply!

Looking forward to having you,

signature (2)

Drew C.
President and CEO
United Virtual

2 Likes

A question about VAs
Are we still allowed to fly aircraft from other airlines even if we are in a VA?

1 Like

Hello I am thinking about joking your VA but your links to apply on the website are broken and not working. Is there another way to apply?

If my understanding of this question is correct, yes. Virtual Airlines cannot dictate what aircraft/airline you fly casually. However, if you are to log a flight with the Virtual Airline, then the flight must be with in the airline’s colors OR with one of their partners and must abide by their restrictions. However, as I mentioned before, if you’re not intending to file the route with the VA/VO, you can fly whatever airline you’d like.

Hope this helps,

signature (2)

Drew C.
President and CEO
United Virtual

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know of the issue! We’ve since developed a patch and will be pushing a new update out that will correct those blank links on our website. We apologize for the confusion the issue may have caused.

We’re happy to see your interest and we’ve linked the invite to our Aviate Academy below. Once you join it, you’ll need to open a ticket and fill out a quick application and we’ll have you flying in no time. In the name of full disclosure, there is slight backlog due to the limited amount of Flight Instructors available, but it still shouldn’t take longer than a few days.

Get Started

signature (2)

Drew C.
President and CEO
United Virtual

Did u change the age requirement? I got rejected for being under 16 b4

While I can’t speak to what previous administrations had set the age limit as, United Virtual’s current age limit is in accordance with the Infinite Flight Community’s age limit: 13 years of age or greater. Guaranteed, you won’t be rejected this time around and we invite you to apply!

signature (2)

Drew C.
President and CEO
United Virtual

1 Like

@UnitedVirtual Hi all,

I’m interested in applying for staff. Upon applying for staff will we also be incorporated as a pilot into UVAL, meaning we can choose a base, fly routes, and anything else a UVAL pilot would be have access to, or do we also need to apply as a pilot when applying for staff to have these options.

Thank you!

-Justin

Hey!

Glad you are interested in joining the team. The answer to your question is no. All you must do is submit the staff application, and a member of our recruiting team will reach out to you shortly. You may submit one via our own form found on our website or Discord, or you can apply via the “Staff Recruitment” page on the IFVARB website under “General Staff” for UVAL. :)

Staff members will automatically receive pilot perks and more upon the employment offer at UVAL. No need to submit a pilot application as well, unless you are planning on attending UVAL as a pilot through our academy.

If you have any further questions feel free to reach out. I am the HR/CR Coordinator here at UVAL so I will try to give you the best answers to said queries as I can.

1 Like

Got it! Thank you very much.

Looks like a cool VA, I might apply :D

2 Likes

Do you guys have/use the ACARS feature in the crew center to file PIREPs?

Yes, we do. All pilots who complete our academy and application process gain access to our crews center, and as a direct result ACARS. :) Feel free to reach out if you have any further queries.

I’ve tried using ACARS on different occasions and it has never worked for me. Is it still a work in progress or am I making an error?