United Teases Announcement For December 1

United Teases Announcement For December 1

Source
Let me start out with a letter…

Dear United
Us aviation enthusiasts would like to ask you to stop teasing announcements and making us wait.
Sincerely, IFC

But in all seriousness, United has made year another video (posted on Instagram) saying that they plan to make a huge “groundbreaking” announcement, tomorrow, December 1, 2021.

Now, we have seen United do this many many times. We’ve seen the supersonic, new routes, and more.

The announcement teases that it will be “cool” for the aviation industry. They also claim that it will be a “first” in the industry. And I quote “history will be made” they say in their announcement.

Ooooo United really is trying to make me exited, aren’t they? Anyways, what do you think United is announcing, and we will be able to track it together!

18 Likes

FlightRadar24 tweeted this out. I’m guessing it’s with this announcement

3 Likes

Nvm the old reply, it’s just for their new sustainable fuel. Based on the replies haha.

2 Likes

Just a SAF flight to DCA. SAF meaning sustainable aviation fuel

5 Likes

According to Chicago Business Journal there going to be using 100% SAF on the right wing for the flight tomorrow.

2 Likes

So the announcement is literally they’re gonna fly with half the fuel being sustainable

3 Likes

First supersonic, then electric, and now half sustainable? Next announcement, the plane is made of plastic from the oceans

5 Likes

Wait, how do you know it will be to DCA?? (If that is even what it is)

(disregard this)

1 Like

I’ll hopefully be able to spot this tomorrow. Anyone else in the DC area planning on going down?

1 Like

United and TeamSeas bringing you a plane made completely out of recycled ocean plastic, coming soon to an ORD near you.

3 Likes

I will! What is the timeframe?

1 Like

Check the tweet I linked above. It provides the flight number for the flight

1 Like

Im in Chicago, but Ill 100% be at school. Time to call in sick!

2 Likes

I’ll be out of school by the time it lands in DCA, so we can get both sides Ry!

2 Likes

It does appear to be a fully sustainable flight. Now, don’t get me wrong, this is great for the environment. I think this is amazing in taking steps to save the planet. Just… not worth the hype that this video implies.

2 Likes

Well, the aircraft has been in ORD for over two days. If it’s a SAF flight, which I am 99% sure it is, the aircraft likely adopted some modifications and endured testing during its time on the ground.

Besides her two-day LOA, I don’t see anything of concern for N77259, the aircraft scheduled to fly ORD-DCA tomorrow. She’s headed to IAD on December 2nd, presumably for regular service.

For the flight itself, I think it’ll be a semi-SAF flight. I suspect only one engine will run on SAF, and I don’t think it will be anything too special. Maybe we’ll see UAL place an order for a new aircraft, like the 777X, or nothing at all.

The Star Wars-like music is quite intriguing, however. It’s giving me N36272 vibes.

1 Like

A neat livery for it though!

12 Likes

It’s cool. The Star Wars music did expect me to think something a little bit more… but it’s cool and I’m glad we are saving the environment!

5 Likes

That was kinda depressing…

still kinda cool tho.

Hope it catch it ramp side tomorrow. Should be fun.

4 Likes