United Suspends China Flights in Response to Corona Virus

United Airlines has suspended some flights to China in the wake of the Corona Virus outbreaks. The airline has stated that due to fear of the virus. Not many other details are known, however, the suspension has been believed to lift at the beginning of February.

“Due to a significant decline in demand for travel to China, we are suspending some flights between our hub cities and Beijing, Hong Kong and Shanghai beginning Feb. 1 through Feb. 8,” United said in a statement. “We will continue to monitor the situation as it develops and will adjust our schedule as needed.”

United plans to suspend almost half of the 12 flights it operates to and from China.

More details will come as this develops.

we are gonna need a lot of limes for this one

Source:

18 Likes

Here are the specific suspensions:

Between February 01-08, United will suspend flights to Hong Kong from two hubs:

• Newark (EWR) – on February 1st – UA179/180
  • San Francisco (SFO) – on February 4th and 6th – UA869/878

Between February 01-08, United will suspend flights to Beijing from three hubs:

• Chicago (ORD) – February 6th and 7th – UA851/850
  • Newark – February 4th and 5th – UA88/89
  • Washington Dulles (IAD) – February 2nd – 7th – UA 807/808

Between February 01-08, United will suspend flights to Shanghai from three hubs:

• Chicago – February 3rd, 5th, and 7th – UA835/836
  • Newark – February 4th and 6th – UA86/87
  • San Francisco – February 1st – 7th – UA891/890
5 Likes

The flight suspension in Hong Kong would be completely unnecessary if the government wasn’t inviting the infected from China. Sigh…

1 Like

I think this is a good idea. Keeping a deadly virus out of the U.S.

1 Like

5 cases later…

5 cases to much

I do agree with @United2 that it’s good to keep this virus from spreading in the U.S. I do think that United made a good choice.

1 Like

Actually… no.

American Airlines and Delta haven’t announced any suspensions to China.

I don’t think many airlines have actually announced suspensions besides Finnair and the Chinese/Hong Kong/Taiwanese airlines.

2 Likes
This was a very smart move by United for sure
1 Like

Hopefully this prevents the beer virus from spreading to the DMV, although there’s still the Air China flight…

BA have announced the same this morning

I can completely understand this. I’m getting worried about this virus since it is now 15 minutes from home so I think it’s good that the airlines are doing this

KLM also announced it However, they will have a daily flight scheduled to Shanghai Pudong.

““KLM is closely following the developments of the coronavirus outbreak in China, and has close contact with various national and international health and aviation authorities. Based on current information from these authorities, there is currently no reason to suspend the entire operation to China,” the airline said in a statement.”

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.