United Relaunching DEN-LHR

United has announced they will resume seasonal service between Denver and London-Heathrow next March with the 787-8.

Pretty crazy. At the beginning of the year, we only had BA, FI, and LH flying across the pond. Now we will have three flights to London on three different airlines, Paris on DY, and ZRH on Edelwiess. Not to mention Copa starting PTY! Big year here in Denver!

17 Likes

I’m glad then you don’t have to do so many connector routes just a simple straight through Flight:)

4 Likes

I like hearing KDEN is becoming more attractive for airlines to offer service to Europe :)

7 Likes

This is very nice. Now we don’t have to worry about layovers! 😅

3 Likes

Denver is in fact used a lot by British people to go skiing in places like Aspen, Steamboat Springs, and various other places during the holidays! I did LHR - DEN in February on BA to go skiing during the holidays, and the flight was absolutely packed to the brim with British people going skiing! It’s a very popular place, there are not enough supply of airlines flying to London to keep up with demand, as typical places to go like France become too busy so Denver is a good alternative.

4 Likes

Forgot to mention Frontier adding a ton of daily flights

3 Likes

I feel like because Frontier is a low cost carrier and services alot of the same big hubs that Norwegian does… I feel like F9 and NAX should start a partnership (Or maybe British Airlines)

1 Like

It’s nice to see that Denver is getting an additional flight to London, however my recent experience on United’s long haul business class from IAD-AMS was very poor. The flight attendants were not attentive at all which was quite surprising; but on the other hand, for people who have United miles (such as myself) it’s nice to be able to fly out of Denver where I’m from instead of having a connection to one of United’s other hubs. Now that Norwegian and United are starting service to Denver, they’ll be giving British Airways a run for their money.

2 Likes

This is what I like about united you can go places in one route

This will surely help their income and respect. And it will be great for their members and travelers also! :)

Any growth for my home airport is growth in my aviation life.

4 Likes

@SkyHighGuys That is pretty well said!

1 Like

Thank you good sir :)

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more! We have had such a great year here in Denver! As it stands now, this will be all of our international service by next year: map

Here’s to hoping they announce more!

4 Likes

Dang, congrats DEN spotters!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.