United POLARIS Business Class | 777-300ER REVIEW

United Polaris 777-300ER

This flight was taken before the Coronavirus crisis, on 2020-03-12T08:35:00Z

Welcome to today’s review! Today I will be flying on United Polaris business class on the 777-300ER. Today we start our journey in Ben Gurion Airport, heading to Newark Liberty International Airport! Before I start this review, I would like to give a little bit of a background. This flight was taken on March 12, 2020. We were supposed to head back on March 15, but we decided to move the flight a few days early so we can get back before possible travel bans. This flight was supposed to be taken in Premium Plus, but when we were booking the ticket, there was only one seat available and premium plus, so we upgraded one of the tickets to business. Anyway, on with the review! We had access to the Dan lounge in Tel Aviv, and it offered plentiful selection of food. Keeping with the theme in Israel, all food at the lounge was kosher, so it does look a lot like breakfast foods. There’s only one store that sells meat in the entire airport, and no zone serves meet as well.

As you see here, you’ll notice that a lot of the foods include bagels, pastries, and drinks.

Anyway, it was time to head to our gate, where our aircraft was waiting. Unfortunately, there was no good views of the aircraft from the gate, so I have this picture taken from the D concourse. Anyway, it was time to head to our gate, where our aircraft was waiting. Unfortunately, there was no good views of the aircraft from the gate, so I have this picture taken from the D concourse. Today at the gate was N2645U, a 2 year old 777-300ER.

As we board the plane, I don’t have any pictures, so I’m going to use one from online. Anyway, the cabin is layed out in a 1-2-1 configuration, with 72 seats and a pitch of 78 inches. Today my seat is 2A.

Photo By: Nonstop Dan

Waiting at the seat was a pillow, the gel pillow, and a thick blanket. The bedding is provided by Sacks 5th Avenue, and I found it to be some of the most comfortable bedding in the sky.

In the storage compartment next to the seat, you will find water, headphones, and the amenity kit. It was nicely stocked, and offered enough for bed and the morning.

United does their branding very well, and they incorporate that into all that they do, including the light to the left of the seat. It had a modern design, just like the cabin.

The entertainment on United is really good. They offer so much selection, it was hard to choose! They also provide many languages, so you won’t have a problem watching.

Under the screen, there is a cubby, to hold your phone, conveniently, there was a USB port next to it, so you can store you phone easily.

Under the cubby, is the footwell. It was large, and no one should have a problem of fitting or not fitting into this seat. The seat appears very narrow on pictures, but I can assure you that you will fit.

United did a really good job with their catering. They provided an excellent mean, and I ate it all. Today, we had a chicken dish, which was spot on!

Now comes some chocolate pudding for dessert, and it was really good!

Thank you for reading this review! To get my closing thoughts, I had a fairly positive experience with United! And I could conclude, that yes, there are better business classes in the world, but United offers a great product and if you can get this at the right price, well… Enjoy your flight! Please go in my poll below, to help me decide which airline to review next!

• Virgin America (Alaska) A320 First Class
  • JetBlue Mint Pod Business Class
  • Virgin Atlantic 787/A330 Upper Class
  • Southwest 737-700 Economy Class
  • Alaska Airlines 737-800 First Class

0 voters

22 Likes

Nice! The Polaris cabin is such a great upgrade over the old and dreary one. Hopefully United can get most of their planes retrofitted with the new cabin soon

1 Like

It’s weird seeing a 30-year-old 767 with one year-old seats 😂😂

Not… that It’s a bad thing

Haha yeah. The 767 is still quite a nice plane to fly in.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually really enjoyed it. I flown 767 one time, on Air Canada rouge from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale

1 Like

A very detailed review! Looks like you put a lot of effort into it, always fun to read what other countries airlines are like especially one as famous as United. That cabin looks awesome :)

Happy Flying :D
Cign

1 Like

Awesome trip report!

1 Like

Yeah, as iconic as United is, there really hit or miss airline. Sometime youll get a great experience, but also you’ll get a really bad experience sometimes, so I never set my expectations so high, which is why I’m giving a very positive review. Of course, I don’t just give positive reviews out of nowhere, it still takes a lot of thought.

1 Like

Thanks @MJP_27

1 Like

Yes I agree, airlines are very temperamental nowadays. With all do respect to United in some ways I like to compare it to Ryanair, sometimes you have a great experience, great value for money on time and a great service and other times its delayed, the food is poor and the service is awful. You just got to be lucky really :)

Happy Flying
Cign

1 Like

I actually think that’s a great comparison! United and Ryanair are two Airlines was actually a very similar product, but much different price ranges. I find that Ryanair has a much better experience for the money, because you can get it for a dollar, and you can get the same experience on United for three hindered dollars. The experience on United and Ryan are very similar, the only thing that really sets him apart is the ground experience, and the onboard connectivity

1 Like

Love the review, especially since it’s about a United! I’m glad it was a nice experience. I will admit, Polaris is one of the best things United has ever done!

1 Like

I agree! They’ve done some downgrades in economy, but they did Polaris incredible!

1 Like

Not disagreeing with you, but I’m not sure what routes you are flying where Ryanair and United would have even remotely similar experiences. I understand your point about getting what you pay for, but having a rude FA or cold food is not the same as having to pay for a water, staring at an advertisement 6 inches from your face, and being flown around by children with the ink still wet on their commercial certificate. Not that I’m detracting from Ryanair, I’d love to fly internationally for $20, just saying it is beyond apples and oranges to compare them.

Was this an overnight flight?

1 Like

No. Takeoff at around 10am and landing at about 4pm

Then no window seat? (I’m just trying to understand why no pics during flight?😂)

1 Like

I totally agree. That why I specifically said that there is a big difference in price vs experience

There was a window seat, but
1: 2A is farther from the window (see below)
2: The FA’s made us keep our window shut the whole flight

1 Like