United orders 45 Airbus A350-900s

IMG_1931
United has recently ordered 45 new Airbus A350-900s to be delivered from 2022-2027 to replace the aging 777-200s. Most likely, it will be equipped with Polaris. In my opinion, I think UA should’ve gone with more 787-9 Dreamliners. What do you gyuys think?

46 Likes

The worst aircraft manufacturer with the worst Livery put on the worst airline. The A350 will get beat up, literally. Can’t wait to see this atrocity hanging around an Airport that deserves better.

26 Likes

I think the original order was for the -1000 model but the cfo couldn’t decide so they changed it to the -900.

2 Likes

Why is it an atrocity? Because you only like Boeing?

16 Likes

OMG that picture looks horrible lol.
I don’t understand why they don’t just order more 787s if they need them, instead of introducing a new plane and having to deal with all the additional costs associated with it.

3 Likes

Just going to put this in:

3 Likes

I agree with you. I think if you have 787-9s and -8syou should just base your 787s throughout your hubs… Why get the A350, if you already have so much 787s. I would get it if the had like 5-10, but 45?? What are they thinking.

3 Likes

The B787 is not the equivalent aircraft so why would they have a smaller aircraft to replace the B777’s?

5 Likes

It has about the same or even longer range than the 777, and the -10 could probably carry a significant amount of passengers. Anyways, they could have ordered more 777s then, instead of introducing a whole new aircraft.

I think they purchased the A350 mostly because of range, I mean remember the A350 was supposed to be a competitor to the 777 and it will start replacing the old UA 777s

3 Likes

It will start replacing in 5 years…

2 Likes

The B787 can’t match the B777 or the A350 for passenger comfort mainly as its smaller.

5 Likes

Well said. Very well said.

2 Likes

Well, then United could just order more 777s. I don’t understand why they would order a whole new type of aircraft.

New anti-jet lag engines so you’re not tired when you get dragged off

9 Likes

I’m sure so, so many would disagree with that statement

9 Likes

It’s certainly not the worst aircraft manufacturer. It’s in the top two, so it’s quite good.

5 Likes

Well I haven’t looked myself but the range, price and features likely played a part, the A350 is far more advanced then any B777 in the skies right now.

2 Likes

Maybe, but it seems a little bit… wierd. I am not qualified to actually have a reasonable opinion, but from my perspective it’s just easier to order many planes of a type that you already operate in mass, instead of ordering a whole new type of airplane to fill in the gap that a relatively advanced, efficient and all in all good aircraft will leave.

Scarebus fans can keep automating, but I’m gonna stick with my trusty Boeing.

8 Likes