United Miles

Hi everyone!
I have a question regarding my United miles. So I used to fly A LOT with United, and I accumulated A LOT of United miles. Now I received a letter from United saying that my miles are going to expire unless I use them or buy more. My question: How many miles do I need to buy? Or how many do I have to use? I am most likely going to want to use them, so what should I buy?
Thanks for your opinions and responses,
Sam

2 Likes

How many do you have? I’d double check the email is 100% real as United claims miles never expire

1-800-864-8331 is their customer service number

Also:
https://www.united.com/web/en-us/content/Contact/mileageplus/default.aspx?POS=US

They do expire after some time.

Hold on @samdog27, I can’t talk now, but I might be able to help soon

1 Like

I’m available now if you need it.

If needed, I can PM you later on how to see how many and when your miles will expire. This would be in about 3-4 hours

I’m just wondering the amount. Thanks for all the responses guys!

I used my United Miles to buy a Time Magazine subscription. Maybe you can do something like that.

1 Like

Good idea! Did you have the same problem?

Yes. The miles that I accumulated were just sitting there and United said that they were going to expire unless I use them.

1 Like

And they didn’t because you bought a TIME subscription?

1 Like

How many do you have? What you can do varies based on that.

@samdog27 Advice from someone who has more experience than me:

“Any activity will keep the points from expiring. So gaining or losing any points.
Easiest way is to buy a magazine subscription or donate 500 points. Or using the United credit card or shopping/dining portals. Even earning 1 point will keep the points alive another 18 months.”

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I used the miles that I had because I didn’t have enough to buy a plane ticket.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.