United CEO Oscar Munoz Steps Down

Bunch of United news lately.

As of May 2020, current CEO of United, Oscar Munoz, will switch into the role of Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors while Scott Kirby becomes the new Chief Executive Officer:

“With United in a stronger position than ever, now is the right time to begin the process of passing the baton to a new leader,” Munoz said. “One of my goals as CEO was to put in place a successful leadership transition for United Airlines. I brought Scott to United three years ago, and I am confident that there is no one in the world better equipped to lead United to even greater heights. It has been the honor of my career to lead the 95,000 dedicated professionals who serve United’s customers every day. I look forward to continuing to work closely with Scott in the months ahead and supporting the company’s ongoing success in my new role.”

Notably, Scott Kirby left American Airlines’ President role to join United Airlines as President in August 2016.

Is this a good change? Depends. What do you guys think of this?

16 Likes

hopefully Kirby can change United’s passenger policy

2 Likes

That happened a long time ago, the joke is old now…

1 Like

Maybe he’ll petition to get those A350s that were supposed to be delivered in 2018 in before the current date of 2027

Maybe Scott Kirby can get United to expand at San Jose! 😃

1 Like

Wait so could those A321’s be a joke or a reality?

Remember he said this about Emirates:

A321XLRs? Those are real.

I mean, American, Delta, and United all have mutual hate towards the Gulf airlines.

2 Likes

Yeah, but Emirates specifically called out United, via a commerical

I know but like they just ordered them and like not even a few days later they are changing CEO’s

United has seen some growth under Oscar. I wonder what Mr. Kirby has in store for United.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.