United Captain Proposes before Takeoff

My united captain came out of the flight deck and announced to the plane via the stewardess’ phone that his girlfriend of 2 years was on the flight, he then took a knee and proposed. Pretty cool, anyone else have fun or similar stories from their flights?

40 Likes

You were actually on the plane while this happened? That’s awesome! I hope somebody on the plane got a video of it. Quite a special moment to be apart of.

17 Likes

Whoa… That’s amazing!!

1 Like

So, you had to wait an extra min? For a proposal? Ask for your money back

7 Likes

Jeez, even though I’m pretty sure you’re joking, somebody is pretty negative tonight…

4 Likes

Sarcasm is a hard concept to master I guess, lel

6 Likes

Well, I’ve been browsing through the forums, and you seem pretty triggered tonight 😂

6 Likes

All these posts and no one to control them lel

2 Likes

You see this the stuff I love to see on the forum, congrats to both of them

2 Likes

A guy proposed to his girlfriend on my KLM flight and they got upgraded to World Business Class

2 Likes

If I was proposing to someone I would “propose” to them on every single flight so that I can get upgraded every time 😬

11 Likes

Ya it was pretty neat. When I saw the first officer behind him with a cell phone recording, I figured something was up. The only thing was…she never got out of her seat to hug him or anything, so it almost seemed like she may have said “no”. But after landing I congratulated him on my way out and he didn’t seem like a sad rejected proposee =)

1 Like

That’s why I never post it it’s hard to understand

1 Like

Bit like that Qantas pilot a few months back !

Haha what if they were the same crew?
Darling I love you so much, will you marry me?
Didn’t you say that last flight too?

Or

I love you so much, will you marry me?
We’ve heard it before buddy.

1 Like

That’s awesome! I got delayed once. Most exciting thing that ever happened to me :P

That’ll be me in 10 years but on QANTAS

Good thing she said yes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.