United Airlines last 747 flight from ORD

A sad happened in aviation yesterday… at least for me, The last United Airlines Boeing 747-400 revenue service out of Chicago O’Hare happened yesterday. The flight left to NRT as UA881 and will come back to ORD and then be either taken to Victorville for scrapping or to SFO for continued srvice!
Photo Credits to ORD

32 Likes

I really hate to see the queen go. :(

16 Likes

So sad to see the Queen go

4 Likes

I don’t want to let it go 😥

8 Likes

That picture looks amazing. It’s a sad occasion, when Airlines like United who have old aircraft retire planes you truly know it’s at the end of its lifetime.

6 Likes

adios hommie 747. you have been a hommie like no other. And the man named Joe Sutter made you mack.

8 Likes

I had no idea United was retiring their 747s.

I don’t want to see the Queen leave! 😢

4 Likes

my wish for this to happen

4 Likes

Yes, except when you realize they use the 747 on a 15hr flight to Hong Kong with no TVs or power ports in Y class. They have BYOD streaming, but good luck finding a device that’ll last you 15 hours.

1 Like

I don’t think they are, just no more flights out of there hub Chicago?

1 Like

Same, but were getting into an age where airlines are wanting more fuel efficient aircraft that aren’t gas guzzlers. But I’ll defiantly miss it in Chicago

1 Like

They are retiring the whole fleet of 747’s, too be replaced by 777-300ER’s amd possibly A350’s

RIP. Sad day

1 Like

Yes I agree :(

Goodbye 747. We’ll miss you

I will miss spotting them at ORD

I heard by 2018 they were going to retire them

Yay the queen is leaving…awkward silence…oh my bad the iPad was upside down you guys were um saying…oh boy. (Weakly) “No the queen is leaving” please don’t hurt me😂😂
;) hope everyone’s day is going well. So sad tree this iconic bird plunging from the sky.

2 Likes

-___________________- Airbus fans these days

2 Likes