United Airlines Emergency Landing At EGPH

United Airlines Emergency Landing At EGPH

Image: Edibles Magazine

On Friday 23rd November 2018, a 777-200ER United Airlines from Amsterdam Schipol to Houston had to make an emergency landing at Edinburgh airport in Scotland. The flight had taken-off 15 minutes late out of Amsterdam.

The plane had a nice climb and reached its cruising altitude of 32,000 feet high (FL320) when the emergency was declared. 30 minutes into the flight, and thanks to the Flight Radar 24 application, a sudden U-Turn was noticed and the plane appeared in red (meaning emergency) over Scotland.

The plane made a 360 over Scotland to descend and was diverted to Edinburgh (EGPH). The plane landed safely at the airport and was brought to the gate. The reason for this emergency was due to medical reasons, announced the spokesmen for United Airlines, people think a crew member on board the aircraft was feeling unwell and had to bring the plane to a diversion.

After 2 hours, the plane received the all clear and took-off out of Edinburgh to Houston.

1 Like

Glad to see that that the plane landing without any issue.

2 Likes

Hello there:
I’m sorry to be this guy lol but turn backs and diversions happen every day. If we were to make topics about all these little things it would clog the forum.
I’ll let moderators make the call

However happy to see everyone is ok

2 Likes

I think you mean, Friday, the 23rd of November.

Oops let me change that.

@WestJet737767 I do agree, just trying to keep everyone updated on that case.
Edit: A moderator is free to close the thread if it will, as you say clog up the forums.

1 Like

Does anyone know how the passenger is?

1 Like

The crew member was taken off of the plane by the medical team of the airport and probably received the right treatment for his medical issue. We were not told what happened next, but told that the aircraft took-off safely and landed in Houston after a 10 hours flight.

1 Like