United Airlines Announces Flights to Amman, Bergen, Tenerife, Palma de Mallorca, and More

I first thought of a zip code, but 15906 is a zip code for Cambria County, Pennsylvania with no major cities using that zip code.

1 Like

Also they’re replying to a ton of tweets (including @Ishrion’s) with the part of the video where the woman taps the top of the phone. Hmmm

That one’s this

4 Likes

Considering his name is Patrick, the M.PQ/3.17 clue on the envelope, and the Shamrock pin on the backpack, I’m almost willing to bet money that there’s an Ireland route.

1 Like

LAX-TLV?

What airport would this be? I’m guessing either EWR or LAX as those are the only 2 UA hub airports that use that type of gate numbering

It’s LAX. That’s where the video was filmed.

Thinking that because I don’t see DEN-TLV happening, lol

1 Like

Yeah, I thought that but it did say 800 at gate 84, and they are announcing it at 800EST

United went all out with this one, lol. Here are my guesses:

Departure Arrival Clue
KIAD^ EIDW Patrick’s name + M.PQ (3.17) → Suggests Ireland.
KIAD^ LPPR Pin with the word “Porto.”
KIAD^ LKPR Pin with the word “Prague.”
KIAD^ ESSA Pin with the Swedish Flag.
KIAD^ LFMN Pin with the letters “NCE.”
KIAD^ LIMC Buggy driver = Maximilian Paterson (letters MXP in the name).
KIAD TNCC Curaçao written in the crossword puzzle.
KLAX^^ EDDM Bavarian flag
KLAX VVNB/VVTS Gate 84 → Vietnam country code (+84).

^ denotes alternate origin airport; EWR and LAX come to mind.
^^ denotes alternate origin airport; DEN comes to mind.

Nothing else clicked, and the other words in the crossword puzzle seemed useless.

8 Likes

Some good guesses that align with others are saying. Even Patrick himself was in the mix of comments on the thread with these employees. Great to see everyone, employees in on the hunt for these new routes.

For those who did not know, Patrick Quayle (SVP of International Network of UA) is the guy who is holding the crossword puzzle
3 Likes

No way Auckland is in the mix mate plus where from? You have quarantine restrictions in place which make it harder on arrival and we’re only opening up mostly to Pacific Island countries at moment.

Prove me wrong United

• Newark (EWR) to Ponta Delgada (PDL)
  • Washington (IAD) to Amman (AMM)
  • EWR to Bergen (BGO)
  • EWR to Palma de Mallorca (PMI)
  • EWR to Tenerife (TFS)
  • Chicago (ORD) to Milan (MXP)
  • IAD to Berlin (BER)
  • Denver (DEN) to Munich (MUC)

That’s extremely impressive

5 Likes

How many of you were right with any of these? Did not expect Bergen, I’ll tell you that. Or Tenerife. Or Palma de Mallorca

Got equipment for the routes?

2 Likes

Oh UA sending the 7M8 across to the Azores? Genuinely impressed

1 Like

BRUH

Supposed to derive FCO from a blurry coffee cup LMAO

Ah the classic “how were we gonna get that”

6 Likes

“Yes, they will definitely know they should divide 15906 by 8 and multiply it by 3 to get the distance flown from IAD to Amman”

2 Likes