United Airlines announce their longest nonstop flight

So as you know by reading the title, United Airlines has launched their longest nonstop flight. The flight will be operated with a Boeing 787-9. The journey will take about 18 hours and 55 minutes. There are 252 seats in the Boeing 787-9, 116 seats in economy, 88 seats in economy plus (first class) and 48 seats in business class. I think many people would enjoy the flight. Let me know what you think. Would you book this flight? (Poll below)

Website here
https://www.forbes.com/sites/martinrivers/2017/10/29/united-airlines-launches-longest-nonstop-flight-from-us-soil/

• Yes, I would book a flight like this.
  • Yes, I would book a flight but it will be two separate flights for eating, stretching, buying stuff, and more at an airport.
  • No, I don’t like long haul flights.

0 voters

8 Likes

This belongs in RWA bud

5 Likes

Ah yes, I’ve heard about this. I’m not sure if I’d want to be on a plane for that long, but this is definitely on my schedule to be done on Infinite Flight.

1 Like

Uhmm… the link doesn’t work. Would you mind telling us what the route actually is?

4 Likes

Thanks, I changed it now

1 Like

It’s from LAX to SIN by the way.

8 Likes

Just looked it up on UA website it is actually 18 hours!

I don’t think so. The SFO to Singapore is like 15, so LAX to Singapore should be very similar too.

Here is a screen shot

3 Likes

Long flight, imaging sitting in economy…

P.S. I changed the title because this isn’t the longest nonstop flight, it’s United’s longest. ;)

1 Like

FlightRadar times are usually very accurate, I can vouch for this.

C77E0076-F14E-4848-893A-870B99C5EE8C

Let’s not forget about weather factors like wind.

3 Likes

A long flight on United?

hmm…

1 Like

Wait, so the flight already exists?

Unless I’m on Etihad’s Residence, there’s no way I’m sitting in a flying metal tube at 32,000ft for that long of a flight 😂. I would definetly do two separate legs especially if I’m in economy, and most likely if I’m in business. For me personally I find it nicer to have multiple legs because you get time to walk around the airport, plane spot, or do some shopping. The longest flight I’ve done was a little under 9 hours and even in business I was eager to get off the plane; for me, I like breaks in between.

All I have to say is: I feel really bad for the people sitting in economy specifically on an 18 hour flight

5 Likes

Exactly!!! I wouldn’t be able to sit for that long. Unless I was in The Residence.

3 Likes

Well technically the 787-9 is made with carbon fiber so…

4 Likes

You might have to start a GoFundMe for the Residence

3 Likes

I’ll look into doing this flight in IF

2 Likes

Only on the 787 would I ever do a long haul (maybe also the a350)

I’m planning on doing it also

1 Like