United Airlines Adds 7 Routes To The Caribbean And Latin America
United airlines, based in United States has just added plenty of new routes for the summer down to Latin America and the Caribbean. Most of the flights are based from Los Angeles and San Francisco, there are two western coast hubs. The points guy quotes
“The Chicago-based Star Alliance carrier will connect Belize City (BZE), Liberia (LIR) and San Jose (SJO) in Costa Rica, San Pedro Sula (SAP) in Honduras, and Santo Domingo (SDQ) in the Dominican Republic to four more of its U.S. hubs beginning in December, United said Friday. In addition, it will resume two suspended routes to Cancun (CUN) and Mazatlan (MZT).
Tickets for all of the new routes except for select routes to Costa Rica go on sale on Oct. 17. Flights to Liberia and San Jose from Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO) can be booked starting Oct. 21.”
United new routes don’t come out of randomness, they come from beating jetBlue. JetBlue it just announced a few Latin America routes from Los Angeles, and United Airlines is trying to beat them to it.
Here are the routes:
- Denver – Belize City and San Jose from Dec. 19
- Los Angeles – San Pedro Sula from Dec. 17, San Jose from Dec. 19, and Liberia from Jan. 8, 2021
- San Francisco (SFO) – Liberia from Jan. 9
- Washington Dulles (IAD) – Santo Domingo from Dec. 17
- Cleveland (CLE) – Cancun from Dec. 19
- Houston Bush Intercontinental (IAH) – Mazatlan from Dec. 19