United Adds New Hawaii Route From San Francisco

United Adds New Hawaii Route

Source

United Airlines has added yet another Hawaiian route to the route database. I would suspect United is doing such a large Hawaiian expansion as they believe leisure travel will be the first to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. Hawaii is definitely a big tourist spot and definitely a place people will want to return to after the virus has ended. With that being said, they have added a new route from San Francisco (SFO) @Mukundan_Srivatsa @ran to Hilo (ITO). The aircraft is currently unknown, but we could probably suspect it will be something like a 737. The flight will begin on August 16, 2021.

The information was reported from a Twitter user.

13 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome !
I will do that in Infinite Flight

1 Like

By any chance can you ask where the Twitter user got the information? About two weeks ago, someone updated SFO’s Wiki page saying United would resume Hilo on August 16 without any source. Since then, United hasn’t actually opened any reservations for the flight. It would be kinda awkward if that person got their info from the Wiki.

But, if United is actually relaunching its SFO-ITO route, it makes sense, although an August launch seems a bit late to capture the peak summer demand.

#SFOgang, it is time to celebrate lol. Dang, we have got to fly these routes of San Fran once buildings are out.

Too bad that’s a Monday, or I would’ve gone spotting for it lmao.

Cool, if this is true we’ll have service to every major airport in Hawaii. ITO is the last one

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS SFO!!! Nice, now we have two destinations on the Big Island!

Thanks for the tag Zac!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.