United 838 saves near impossible landing

Server: Expert

Plane: A320 (United)

Flight Plan: London Heathrow to Dublin International

Dublin was packed, At least 8 or 10 plans in the air and even more on the ground. I must’ve been waiting 20ish minutes before being able to line up. Along with a strong 40 knot cross wind upon landing.

After all that, I get a plane spawning into upon landing. In, conclusion Expert servers are craazzy.

13 Likes

You… did this on Expert…

There are so many things wrong with these pictures…

37 Likes

NOOOOO
Not the expert server!!!

6 Likes

Expert Sever?

really?

6 Likes

I had 7% fuel I could’ve wait another 20 minutes on approach. I just tried my best. Luckily there was no tower atc.

1 Like

7% fuel in an A320 is still a lot… the proper procedure would have been to initiate a go around and/or divert.

9 Likes

I know, but I went by my instinct to try and land. Which makes me an idiot pilot who got lucky.

P.s Does that make me Top Gun?

Not really. Just a pilot trying to land a UNITED a320 in Dublin

7 Likes

Attempting a landing is one thing, continuing inbound when a crosswind is blowing you 500 feet away from the runway and directly over another aircraft is a whole different thing.

4 Likes

I wish there was ATC so they could’ve ghosted you.

40 Likes

We learn from our mistakes, correct them, and become better pilots from them right? Afterall that’s what we do in our community? Or atleast I try. I should’ve went around. If there was active tower on, I definitely would’ve.

1 Like

Thats a little harsh

It was my first ever crosswind landing, I did what I thought I could in the safest way possible. I was wrong, I’m not denying that.

1 Like

We all make mistakes, you should have gone around as the approach was not stable but this is a good learning moment, hopefully you will do so in the future. Crosswind landings are tough, make sure to use your rudder to help keep you on track!

4 Likes

You’ve officially earned the Title of Starz - IFs worst pilot. Welcome to the club 😎

Jokes aside since there can only be one trash pilot here, next time just divert.

6 Likes

First crosswind landing at 40 knots… I feel bad for you

1 Like

You know what they say, the only bad pilot is a dead pilot? Next time I will divert. I don’t know how I feel about ILS approaches anymore. I prefer visual most of the time.

Based upon the topic you posted a day ago about your first flight on the expert server (Grade 3, so excited), this is quickly how you lose access to being able to fly on the expert server.

This is an unacceptable display of flying. As mentioned, if tower was open, you would have likely been ghosted.

Please practice how to land in crosswinds, maintain control of your aircraft, and complete a proper approach.

Highly suggest reviewing this thread -> Congrats on Making it to Expert, Want to Stay There? Follow these Notes

28 Likes

Along with the above, consider viewing this tutorial for how to perform a crosswind landing. It is an old video but still applies to Infinite Flight today.
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/how-to-make-a-crosswind-landing/50449

2 Likes

Looking forward to adjustment of Expert server requirements

20 Likes