United 787-9 Cockpit!

Hey everyone!

Today I came home from my trip to England and France. I was on the United 787-9 (N38955), from London Heathrow to Los Angeles International! When the flight ended and my mom and I were exiting the plane, I asked the Pilot if I can take some pictures of the cockpit. They let me inside and I got some pics and asked questions! I asked the pilots if they fly both United variants of the 787 and they said “since the flight decks are so similar, we get to fly both!”

One of the pilots was actually an f-18 pilot also! Here are the pictures of the flight deck!..

A7A18542-D09D-4B54-8CEA-A8DDC63F0A93580F40AC-DD4C-43B0-9256-49885D5F8454 I hope you enjoyed the pictures! I was having a bad hairday😂 If you are a young person that wants to be a pilot like me, take all the chances you could to get to your goals!!

35 Likes

First of all, your hair is FIRE!

Second of all, How was the flight deck? Is it comfortable and all?

13 Likes

That’s really cool. I’ve visited the cockpit three times i think, once in an a320 because my mom worked for the airline, the other was in a Dassault Falcon 2000, again because my mom worked for the airline (I watched the landing in the cockpit!) and lastly on a BA A380 a couple weeks ago. It’s a really great experience and from now on I’m going to try and visit the cockpit on every flight.

4 Likes

Haha, thanks! It was really nice, it felt very spacious compared to the economy middle seas I was in.😂

2 Likes

Nice! That was the second time for me. The first was a Delta 767-300er about 6 years ago.

2 Likes

That’s so cool. I hope one day I visit a flight deck. I’ve always thought about it but never actually bothered to make the effort once I’m actually there.

2 Likes

You literally did the trip I’m doing in 3 weeks…

2 Likes

Just do it! The worst thing they will say is “no” and that is rare. I was nervous when I asked though, but they are usually very nice!

4 Likes

Did you do KLAX-EGLL then take the train to France?

1 Like

No, but similar to what you are doing! I did KLAX-CYYC-EGGL On Air Canada’s A320-200 and 787-9. Then we took the Eurostar to Paris, and then came back a few days later to London, stayed 3 days in London and then took the UA 787-9 today.

1 Like

I know, I know, I know. It’s one of those things that are easier said than done, at least for me. You think about it and it makes sense, but when you’re actually standing next to the door while deboarding I just feel like I can’t do it. One day, one day.

1 Like

So very similar to what I’m doing KLAX-EGLL then the Eurostar to Paris!

1 Like

Nice photos! I always want to ask the pilot if I could go into the flight deck but I get nervous (Idk why lol) so I don’t :P

2 Likes

Nice my man. I got to go into the cockpit one time when the pilots saw me “peeking around them” into it. I was like 7 though and I didn’t really get any photos. My mom did say though that my eyes were sparkling when I got in there.
(Btw I was on a Southwest B737)

2 Likes

Haha very lucky. I haven’t visited a cockpit yet not even a glider cockpit yet. Very lucky kid and I hope you achieve your goal one day if it relates to aviation. The 787-9 is a overall great aircraft and your hair is looking fresh lol. Good Luck with the dream of yours and this community overall will help you with staying with your dream. Thank you for posting at least pictures of the 787-9 cockpit (in real life) and I hope to see you in the skies. Good day, HawaiiPilot10.

2 Likes

Wow! the 787-9’s cockpit looks nice! I’ll have to ask the Air Canada flight crew if I could pop in and see in January! Very cool.

2 Likes

You think your hair is bad? You should see mine after a flight… 😂 Please share some wing views too. 👀

2 Likes

Pretty sure you mean EGLL not EGGL (don’t worry it’s a common mistake that even me, a person who lives close to Heathrow, makes all the time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.