United 757 skids off Runway in Newark

Recently a United 757 skidded off the runway in Newark at this time there are zero injuries or fatalities the story is still progressing updates will be provided.

A Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman said the plane landed on runway 22 “then skidded off the left side of the pavement," leaving the left main landing gear stuck in a grassy area.

A photo of the scene shared with The News shows the airplane stopped at an angle on the runway with its nose over a grassy median.

A spokesman from United said the plane “experienced multiple flat tires upon landing in Newark.”

20 Likes

This looks unusual and unfortunate for this aircraft. I wonder why did this Aircraft suddenly skidded off the runway.

7 Likes

I think there were some blown tires.

2 Likes

Did this happen on today’s flight?

2 Likes

Yes it did.

1 Like

You can still see it sitting on runway on FR24

3 Likes

I noticed an aircraft inbound to EWR diverted to my home airport, KBDL. I found this bizarre because we usually only get diverted aircraft because of weather but eventually found out what happened.

3 Likes

Credit: http://avherald.com/h?article=4c93f411&opt=0

4 Likes

Is that repairable? That is extensive damage to the nose gear and fuselage.

13 Likes

I don’t know it looks pretty bad.

2 Likes

Well I’m just glad it didn’t collapse. Glad everyone is safe

3 Likes

Yeah insane.

5 Likes

It is a Farley old aircraft.As stated above this is unusual and occurs on rare occasions.Hope everything works out

2 Likes

I heard it is causing multiple delays

2 Likes

The damage to the nose gear area is insane. Sadly, this plane may be a write-off😢

3 Likes

If it was up to me, I would discontinue all 757 flights to give it maybe a little upgrade or just completely retire the aircraft

3 Likes

They cancled so many flights too.

2 Likes

Good thing its not

2 Likes

I was literally biking past EWR around this time. I wonder if I was around when it happened. This is unusual as it wasn’t even bad conditions. I wonder if it’ll be salvageable

2 Likes

There were gusting winds acording to metar at the time of accident…

1 Like