United 747 Farewell

It is so sad to see another airline retire the queen of the skies and I wish they would delay the retirement. I do have to admit it Isn’t the most creative video but still cool to see some old footage and interesting facts. May the legacy of the 747 live on forever.

42 Likes

Farewell Queen of the Skies!! You will be missed :(

4 Likes

It is so very sad I have never flown on a 747. Whilst I am an Airbus guy, the 747 was so iconic and it will be odd not seeing it exist.

9 Likes

Whos cutting onions?

This magnificent plane will be missed.

11 Likes

Me too… I hope that I will get the chance to fly on one someday.

2 Likes

I still haven’t flown on a 747 😥 all the US carriers are retiring them and they seem to be slowly fading away. Just like the MD11 and DC10, Concorde and 727 all planes I wanted fly but now retired or turned into cargo variants

5 Likes

I hope I wasn’t the only one that got a little teary was I?

4 Likes

Farewell Friend Ship. In your honor, I am running an event to celebrate your accomplishments. RIP at VCV! 😭

2 Likes

Other airlines are still operating the 747, so they aren’t gone yet…

2 Likes

Another Jumbo being crossed from the list. 😩😰😰😭😭😭😭😭

2 Likes

They don’t actually retire until Nov 7th, so there’s a couples weeks left by the way

3 Likes

Let this day be known as the first day in history that I have gotten emotional over an aircraft. The 747 has a very special place in my heart because it’s the first aircraft I ever fell in love with and the one that sparked my love of aviation back when I was 2 years old. The first airplane I could ever identify, the one that I’ve been saying I’m going to fly, and as of yet the one I haven’t been aboard, but desire to be aboard the most. As much as I hate to admit to people that my favorite aircraft is slowly retiring, the fact remains that it is retiring. The day that the last 747 retires from service will the most emotional day for me in aviation. I pray that that specific day is still far too many years away.

8 Likes

So who will be the new queen of the skies? :p

2 Likes

Now that the 747 is gone, 777X will rule the skies when it arrives!

4 Likes

Whats wrong with United, first they kick out a passenger, now they kick out the 747

Joke

10 Likes

Nothing is wrong with retiring a aircraft that has been working since 1976. It would be cruelty to make it run more. In fact, they should have retired it earlier.

1 Like

Lovely vid, at least they acknowledged their beautiful aircraft. What a privilege for these airlines to have such an icon 😪

1 Like

The 747 will always be the queen of the skies. That is the legacy she will leave behind.

3 Likes

Since when did aircraft’s have genders? LOL

1 Like

Farewell 747…Farewell
D8BFD0A5-CABC-4D32-B0BD-448AE1B65FEE

7 Likes