Unicom for solo

Hey everyone!

Today I’m requesting UNICOM for solo mode

(Old topic has 0 votes and was last posted in 2016)

One thing that came to my mind was to have a Unicom frequency for solo. It would basically work exactly the same as for un-controlled airports but there would be no traffic. Now, this may seem a bit stupid but let me tell you why we need this…

1.) Adds a little bit more realism into solo
For those who dont have a subscription always like me, would benefit from this as it would add a little bit of realism to the game, without having to buy live for the full-ATC experience. I think it would be a simple yet realistic addition.

2.) Its good for practicing - While this may seem dumb, using Unicom could actually be a good refresher when you forget some commands! You could practice your pattern entries, your approach commands, and so much more!

3.) Adds a bit more fun to the sim! - Having Unicom then the simulator wont feel so “empty” in solo. I fly on solo a lot, and it feels very lonely and I would love to at least have some sort of communication in the game.

I hope that this has influenced you to vote!

Thanks for reading, and see you around!

I’m out of votes but I support this 100%

2 Likes

Indeed, so do I. You’ve gained my vote!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Thanks, hopefully you can free one up soon!

2 Likes

We definitely need this, the bottom just feels so empty without it…

2 Likes

There used to be ATC in the background on solo years and years ago. I wouldn’t mind seeing this addition to the simulator and could potentially make more pro sales for Infinite Flight.

2 Likes

Definitely! Hopefully something like this is implemented soon.

2 Likes

I like the idea but ATC is a huge part of what purchasing a subscription brings. It’s an upside and makes people want a sub more since ATC is a big deal even on a mobile platform.

2 Likes

Good point. But on the other hand, it would introduce someone to how ATC works and shows what you can get with the subscription in an interactive way.

1 Like

Unicom and ATC are 2 different things. What I’m requesting is simply a radio Unicom frequency so that you can call your positions, etc without anyone actually being able to respond.

1 Like

That’s what tutorials on the forum are for. With the tutorials it attracts people to join the forum. ;)

Sure I see the angle your attacking this in but still, radio just in general is a huge part of buying a sub and what you get. Just like breaking beyond regions, it’s another plus side of getting a sub which can serve as something to have someone purchase a sub.

I’m not saying I dislike the idea, I think it’s a cool idea but it’s just something to think about. I do like your request though, great work!

4 Likes

I understand your point of view, but I’m not sure how a simple radio frequency where no one can respond to you can affect people from not getting the subscription? Unicom is literally a frequency where you say “Flight x is on final runway y” and that’s practically it. I get what you’re trying to say though.

1 Like

It’s just the big idea of radio in general. You get a sub you get all of the radio benefits which means you have more to look forward to and to convince you to buy a sub. Despite this, I wouldn’t mind seeing this. 😁

2 Likes

But think about it on the bright side, if this is in solo and people without a sub are impressed by the frequency it might pursue them to get a sub 😏

2 Likes