Unfair ATC Report

I was at EGLL today (Expert Server), and ATC asked me to taxi to runway 09L. I did so, but a controller change occurred midway. As I was crossing the hold short line to line up and wait at 09L, ATC came back online and asked me to “wait for clearance before taking off”, which is why I stopped.

If he had asked me to exit the runway, I would have. Instead, the ATIS information was changed to set 27L and 27R for departures, and he asked me to back taxi runway 27R. I began to do as he asked, but midway, he cleared me for takeoff from 09L itself. I did not want to start my takeoff roll nearly halfway down, so I asked him to stand by, and exited the runway to taxi again.

I received a Level 2 violation for “not following instructions”. Correct me if I’m wrong, but since there is no ATC request to exit the runway, how exactly am I at fault here?

1 Like

Hey there! If you wish to contact the appeals team about a wrongful report given to you either by the system or by a controller, using this link would put you through to the appeals team who would be happy to assist you.

Sorry to hear that you’ve received a violation. Hope you can have it reversed!

5 Likes

@JonesL It’s the controller to you. It’s also a good idea to ask the controller before appealing.

2 Likes

While I’m sure the controller would appreciate you reaching out, just FYI as a pilot, there’s no obligation on your side to contact the controller before appealing.

If there was a mistake from the ATC side, the Appeals Team will provide the necessary guidance to the controller explaining how to proceed in the future and eventually answer some questions the controller may have.

2 Likes

Handling in appeals