Unexpected Game Crashes

Hey, today I was planning to fly KATL-KMIA but the game crashed before I even got the chance to pushback. So I had to respawn but this time further away from other aircraft and the game was running smoothly but suddenly crashed. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

I’m not experiencing this problem but try these methods listed below:-

1. Restart your device
  2. Set your graphics to low
  3. Delete your cache in Infiniteflight
  4. Clear up some space in your device
  5. Set airplane count to low or none

Hope these methods work for you :)

1 Like

Ok, thank you! I’ll give them a try

Did it work?

Before we can actually begin to diagnose this and help you out, we need to know what device you’re running, what OS you’re running and how much memory etc you have spare?

Following thr steps from @applepro243 could work shortterm, but its a small likelihood if your device is simply not good enough for the latest update.

1 Like

I’m currently running IOS14 on an iPad 5th Generation. But I also think it could be a bug, the ATC voice was lagging/cutting out at the time.

3 Likes

The iPad (5th Gen) is now nearly 4 years old now so will struggle to handle Infinite Flight on settings higher than Low/Medium.

What graphics settings are you using in IF?

1 Like

But it always runs smoothly excepting that one time

1 Like

I use high with Anti-Aliasing on and has never had a problem.

1 Like

On a nearly 4-year old device - I honestly do not know how it can run on high settings without lagging and/or overheating.

To protect it and to reduce the number of crashes you are having - reduce the settings to Low/Medium and that should help.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks.

1 Like

Yes this should help. Also at a packed Airport try to keep your airplane count at medium to also prevent overheating.

1 Like

Hmmmm, the plane count setting might actually be the issue, I recently changed it to Very High for some reason and the issue has only occurred since then.

1 Like

Yes. I don’t recommend keeping plane count at very high unless you have a pretty good Device. Hope the issue has been fixed. Have a good one!

1 Like

It’s fixed! Thank you all for your help!

1 Like

Glad we could help! :)

1 Like