Unedited vs Edited

Hey IFC 👋

I wanted to make a topic showing the power of editing and how it’s able to make a picture look different in terms of colour, clarity, contrast and more.

For editing i use PsX and Snapseed and it has really made my editing better.

Stuff

Server: Various
Aircraft: Various

Unedited:

Edited:

Unedited:

Edited:

Unedited:

Edited:

Unedited:

Edited:

Unedited:

Edited:

Hope you enjoyed the photos!

48 Likes

exceptionally well done on the 777

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Great photos! Here are a few of my concerns…

Try going low with the editing, many of these are a bit over edited, I can see halos, and the saturation and temperature are too high, along with the clarity, very thing needs to be perfectly balanced. I strongly suggest you take a look at many notable IFC S&Vers’ posts here which include, but are not limited to: @Suhas , @Aviation108, @Infinite_Qantas, @Airborne_Canuck, @Jack_Q , and me if you like my shots 😏 .

Additionally, please read this, I’ve had it bookmarked since day one and it’s been a lifesaver:

Feel free to DM me or any of the people I listed above for advice!

Sorry for tag guys.

5 Likes

I LOVE this one

3 Likes

i’ve also booked marked that topic too! But i’ll try to change the way i edit my pictures so it doesn’t look over edited.

Aww, you consider me a notable screenshoter? Thanks! ^_^ @fly.akm

Great shots @applepro243! You have some serious potential! Just keep practicing and finding that balance point and you’ll be a pro in no time!

1 Like

Thank you @FlyIf_0011IFPA :)

Thank you @Airborne_Canuck i’ve recently shifted to PsX and Snapseed after using the default Apple photos editor, so i’m still experimenting to find the best combination of clarity, contrast and more.

I’ll take a look at a few of your pics if you don’t mind ;)

1 Like

:D

Yeah, these seem a bit overedited. I would brighten them up a bit, so maybe less shadows/more exposure. As well, there are some halos, so lower contrast a bit to fix those. As well use a bit less saturation, as the colors look a bit unnatural imo, and there are very noticeable color bands. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Other than that, nice photos @applepro243!

2 Likes

Got it! Thanks for sharing some tips to make it look better.

1 Like

Unedited or edited, they’re are all fairly good shots. Nicely done!

1 Like

Thank you!

Great pictures! But I can see that you went a little hard on the editing, especially the temperature, so I recommend @Suhas’ guide!
Keep up the work!

2 Likes

Love the A10! I agree with some of these people that a few are a bit over edited, it’s okay though you’ll get the hang of it soon 😉

1 Like

Thank you @IF_International and @InfiniteFlightNewark for sharing your thoughts, i’ve reduced the temperature, contrast, clarity, etc. Overall i think after editing it again it seems more balanced.

1 Like

Personally I think unedited photos are better than edited photos. Btw nice job!!

1 Like

haha thank you!

1 Like

Great. Congratulation.

1 Like

my fav

1 Like

No problem! 😁

1 Like