Unbelievable

that’s on, I really did mean it when I said I’ve attempted everything. I mean the iOS battery power saving mode, i turn it off, and run the app on normal power mode. And no, that doesn’t change anything, maybe it helps, but it doesn’t change anything.

1 Like

Try with everything set to Low and see if that improves things…

for the whole long-haul or on busy approaches, say like Boston this AM? Am I to infer that if I’m wanting to enjoy this app as its intended, (near maxed out all settings) I need to upgrade to a USD$1700 iPad and sit back, relax, and enjoy the flying?

1 Like

Not one that expensive. The new base iPad 10th Gen ($450) will work just fine.

Bro its an Iphone XR I have one too just stick to short or medium hauls or get a better phone. Yes I know its though to get a new phone and if you cant get one deal with it like I have.

Nobody is asking you to do anything. It isn’t ridiculous if the problem lies entirely with your device. You should know the capabilities of your device and plan flights accordingly. Seems like right now you have 3 options; buy a new phone, stop playing IF altogether, or suck it up and deal with the issues.

1 Like

YES exactly.

My S20FE was becoming unstable. So i went out and bought a £750 device so i could continue with my IF fun. If its worth it, do it. If its not worth it, dont.

2 Likes

guess its a new iPad, just tried all low settings, plus the aforementioned “tweaks”, on a fresh re-install, restarted b/f the flight, cleared cache, IF low power mode, no IF.ops, IF.asst, IF.pass apps, short 55 min flight, into KBOS (super busy), managed as far as 70% of the taxi into the gate when the app crashed for a 4th time today. Bummer I have to upgrade in order to be able to attend busy events/airports. Been aggravated by this since early version 22 of the sim.

1 Like

I don’t know how much this game has changed optimization wise since last August but before I stopped playing I was routinely doing 20+ hour flights with zero issue (no heatup, little lag) on a 5 year old, 2 GB ram, 64 GB storage iPhone 6S (even got it to 91 hours one time although it pretty much bricked right after). The main thing I did was use the tail camera and point it directly up at the sky whilst setting the time to just after sunset after departure (obviously it’ll become day again if you’re flying east but it limits the time that the game is showing bright sky). Keeps temperatures down and makes it so the game doesn’t have to constantly update your aircraft and scenery renders.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.