Unbelievable weather

I’m currently in flight from EGPH to EDDM with tailwinds of 169 knots! Absolute bonkers! I’m sitting here watching my 777 - 300ER twirl and carry on and I’m thinking is it like this in real life?! The weather in this game is absolutely extreme and crazy sudden. There’s no way an aircraft under these conditions not be over stressed and have a catastrophic failure. I’ve had approaches where the wind changed from one extreme to another in mere 3 seconds and I’m thinking is it really like this? Someone please explain or say.

2 Likes

Yep. I’m seeing 198 kts in some areas.

3 Likes

there was somthing similar at. istanbul yesterday

1 Like

Wow mate. Wait is this an app?! Would love this. It’s scary watching my aircraft dance like this. This is no where near safe. How’d you get this info tho. I like. Please, May I have this?

1 Like

Wow and funny enough I was to do a flight to that destination yesterday but got occupied

there was a guy doing a parrle landing with me and then he just started flying sideways

2 Likes

Lmao 🤣 that must have been a shocker for him. Dude. I’m dying lol. So wait it didn’t affect you?!

1 Like

Just a website. windy.com

2 Likes

i was much higher than him so i didnt afect me but when i came down lower i experined it to. i still butterd tho

1 Like

Niceeeeee. Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

Niceeeeeeee. Gotta get that butter mate!!!

@Charliealbo nice landing mate. Butter. Your entry into EDDM. I love the A350. I’m the Air France 🇫🇷 ahead of you. At the gate.

Winds don’t mess with flying aircraft, it’s why they fly them into hurricanes. It’s when they’re on the ground that winds can damage airplanes. I’ve seen some crazy stuff with that!

2 Likes

Whoa! @Dmitry_Gal dude! Smooth landing man. Nice 😊. Jeez. We having a butter competition over here at EDDM.

I saw it on the news on TV, I directly wanted to try to fly there on IF after seeing that + windy, that was 🔥 ahah

1 Like

Ahhhhh!!! True true. It’s the way it was moving while airborne tho. The turbulence was mad crazy!

1 Like

Lmao 🤣 I wasn’t aware before flying and my my my. That was crazy. lol I was doing Mach 0.79 and going 550+ knots lol 😆.

1 Like

Yep, the jetstream is crazy, currently reaching over 200+ kts south of Greenland! The resulting speed difference of planes flying in different directions is astonishing:

3 Likes

You must be new here, i’ve just landed in frankfurt an hour ago with a 50kt headwind, and earlier this week I saw very turbulent winds pushing 220kts. Someone once said they saw 250kt winds before! 160 is hard but its not that hard. (imo)

2 Likes

Not new I’m just surprised the stresses the plane was experiencing. I’ve also flown in high winds but yet still the aircraft flies smoothly. I can’t really understand why. If someone could explain.

1 Like