Unable To Tune Into Tower

I’m unsure if this is a known issue, but have not found this problem elsewhere, please direct me if this is the case. This is my first post after 3 years in the community (over 5 playing Infinite Flight) and I have never experienced as many problems with the app than now. Upon approach to VHHH on expert server I was repeatedly contacted to contact tower, however this wasn’t an option for me. This problem was consistent for my whole final, until 0.5NM before the runway (sorry to whoever the tower frequency was for the short period 5 mins ago) Is this a problem with my device (iPad 2018) and something I can rectify or another bug in the app? Any comments would be appreciated!!!

1 Like

Hi there!

Have you tried manually tuning in from the map? If you have problems, you can change your callsign to NORDO and the ATC will know you’re having radio problems.

2 Likes

This has been brought up before it it an issue happended to me a few times. ATC shouldnt be disturbing you on final approach anyway

1 Like

I don’t know how to solve this but if you are in contact with tower and that happens change to callsign “NORDO” to tell them you are having trouble

First change your callsign to NORDO then try setting your device to airplane mode for 30 secs. After removing from airplane mode let your device connect to WIFI again. You will be able to tune into tower then.

1 Like

But how can you change your callsign when your manaully flying the aircraft?. I dont really trust A/P on approach. Buts thats my opinion

1 Like

I would go around and do 360s while doing it

If you don’t trust AP set a Manual heading. Quickly change your callsign. I believe it just takes 10-15 secs.

1 Like

That works as well

1 Like

Just set Heading and a V/S. Changing callsigns takes a mere 10 seconds…

Just to add on to what others are saying with adding NORDO, if you’re at a busy airport, try to take a look around you and try your best to maintain the proper sequence. Don’t try to cut the line as then that just makes it harder for everyone.

Hello,
Could your issue relate to this @Bayley_McNevin? If so, it is a known issue ;)

1 Like

That’s exactly what happened. I didn’t realise this was a common issue. I tried to contact via the map but this also didn’t have the tower frequency online. Trying to change my callsign after finding the frequency was not on the map would have been difficult with around 4NM until touchdown, with no ‘approach mode’ on the a380.

1 Like

OK, happy to help ;)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.