Unable to regain access to the ES after app crash

I was controlling EDDF for about an hour without any issues when one out of a couple app crashes lately happened again. I restarted the app and on the UI I switched to the TS for a couple of seconds to make the wrongfully blocked frequencies at EDDF (highlighted in green) disappear a bit faster. This has worked for me perfectly in the past.

However, the app now does not allow me back on the Expert Server, no matter how often I select “Expert” on the switch bar above the “free flight, missions, training and ATC” tiles - it just stays on “Training”. Strangely enough, switching between “Casual” and “Training” is possible.

For the record: I haven’t flown in numerous months now, hence I am currently Grade 1. Still this hasn’t barred me from controlling on the Expert Server even once - ever.
Some help/advice would be very much appreciated!

Device: Apple iPad Air (4th Gen) with Apple Pencil (2nd Gen)
iPadOS 17.3
Latest IF-Version available

1 Like

Getting the same here. No one responds to my messages and I am unable to reconnect to the expert server after restarting the app

Edited: I actually don’t have the same issue. But I can’t reconnect to ES

2 Likes

Hey there,

You’ve laid out the situation pretty clearly. I’m a bit puzzled about how the app granted you control over ES without meeting the requirements. Nonetheless, it appears that post-glitch, that access has been revoked, and now the only way forward is to regain Grade 3 status to restore access.

It’s common knowledge among us that having ES access is an absolute prerequisite to being a part of IFATC.

Best regards,
Miguel.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your thoughts on this matter. However I disagree. Being able to control on the ES vs. meeting minimum requirements to actually fly on the ES are two different things, as far as I am concerned.

1 Like

Well, in that case, I’d suggest waiting for the staff or moderators to investigate your case. It’s a bit baffling to think you could control a server without having the necessary access – just throwing in a bit of common sense there.

In the meantime, please take a look at the IFATC requirements. There must be a reason behind them, after all.

2 Likes

The requirements you mentioned are in place to ensure minimum proficiency of applicants wanting to become IFATC - and are not entirely applicable for resident IFATC members, to my knowledge.

Fesa is correct here, Grade 3 is merely the requirement to join IFATC. Once you’re in, as long as you meet the activity requirements, nobody will throw a fit.

@fesa84, I believe there was a requirement at one point for Grade 2 to control on ES. Not sure if that has been fixed, I don’t believe it has.

2 Likes

This …. My friend really doesn’t help the OP in any way!

1 Like

Non IFATC explains IFATC how to join … that’s my taste of humor

2 Likes

Yes I remember that vaguely. However I was under the impression that they have - maybe I‘ll find something on that matter

EDIT: Maybe you’re right, the last log I could find regarding this was a DM from Tyler from October 2023, saying they’re working on a fix to that “known issue”.

Check members :)

1 Like

You need to be Grade 2 in order to control on Expert Server and obviously you have to be IFATC too :)
It isn’t any glitch, it’s intentional. Previously used to be Grade 1, now it’s Grade 2.

This is not true…

2 Likes

Basically the conclusion is neither IFATC or the pilots have any idea what they’re talking about

1 Like

I would just try to increase the grade and check if something changes…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.