Unable to load airports/terrain properly

BTW I have the same issue at KLAX, but other high traffic areas like London I did not experience this bug

1 Like

Well if you have done everything we have told you, the last resort may be to just factory reset your device.

1 Like

I thought so, it’s the server but I’m not certain

1 Like

Was just making sure…This is #support

1 Like

Try flying into JFK from somewhere close like Toronto, see if you can download the airport when entering. Then if it does load, try then spawning in as it will be in your recent 100mb download.

1 Like

It dosen’t load, I tried flying in from Miami earlier. Maybe it’s related, but I can’t seem to connect to Global server when nearing the airport

1 Like

I tried reinstalling the app, but the issue is still present.

1 Like

Something going wrong with server and sending to you, just try to avoid JFK for a bit until it is fixed, happened with YMML, had to wait overnight to be fixed.
Global means global so you can go anywhere, if you want to hop the pond Toronto is not a horrible idea either.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I’m planning to do in the meantime… because there’s no taxiway and runway so it would be a pain taking off or landing at either JFK or LAX. ATC and other aircrafts be like “What is wrong with this person who only taxies and take off on grass” :P

2 Likes

Alright, sorry you have to experience the issue, safe flying.

2 Likes

Hey Man!! Try This Out ;)

Keep as much unused internal device memory (RAM) available. 1GB is the recommended amount
Always close other apps before opening Infinite Flight
Keep your device fresh by completely restarting device power occasionally
Disable active add or message blocking apps
Don’t install unapproved apps
Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
Don’t install IAP unlocking apps
Ensure Text to Speech (TTS) is enabled on Android devices
Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
Unplug your modem and WiFi router for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in if online “lag” occurs
Disable Anti-Aliasing
Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings

2 Likes

I did almost everything I could (reinstalling the app, restart the device, restart the Wifi, etc) but there’s still no improvement. I can’t seem to connect to the Global Server when in the proximity of JFK (I can connect to the global server at places like Boston) which prevented my device from loading the airport properly. Thanks for the help though!

1 Like

Try turning airplane count to low in live. If you fly into less busy airports, can you spawn in fine? If so, it’s an issue of processing power.

Nope, turning aircraft count to low doesn’t work. I just landed at Zurich just 5 mins ago, there are no aircraft in the airport, but about 30NM out I started to lose connection with the Global Server, started lagging (even reaching 7FPS at one point when I’m trying to land), and only a portion of the airport is loaded. I literally just sink right through the runway while landing, same issue faced with JFK and LAX :(

1 Like

So with any other airport it’s fine? I really have no idea at this point!

I think after reinstalling the app the issue got worse, originally I can spawn at airports such as KSEA and EGLL, but now it has the same issue

The airport taxiway and runway are literally non-existent as my aircraft would sink right through them, onto the actual terrain. Now I’m unsure what’s causing this…

2 Likes

Yes I have confirmed, the bug got worse, cause every airport I spawn to now that originally don’t have the bug now has the same issue…
BTW can someone do me a favour, since I would sink through the airport tarmac, I would like to know how other aircraft / ATC would see me. I’m at WSSS now, Training Server 1. Can a kind soul take a screenshot of my aircraft and send it here thanks! My callsign is ABC123, the B777-300ER.

1 Like

I think it has something to do with your storage on your device. How much free storage do you have? And clear your ram too, hold down the power button, then hold you home button down. Try that and tell me how it goes.

Nope clearing RAM does not work. And I have plenty of storage on my device, 80GB+

1 Like

1A9BA674-2606-4AA9-8684-62BB62F58798

It appears that your left side is underground, but other than that it’s fine. The aircraft rendering is good, and I don’t see any other problems.