Un, Deux, Trois, Quatre!

Here we are again. Or, at the very least, here I am again.

I have been on this forum for a whole four years. In human life, having lived four years doesn’t sound like much, and some would think having been part of a community for that time sounds like even less. But, put it this way: If we take the years I’ve been here, four, and divide it by my age, fourteen, we find that for 28% of my life, I have been here. That amounts to something for me.

Additionally, there’s more to this than just how long I’ve been here. Ever since I could remember, I’ve always been fascinated with aviation. I remember when I was six or seven, and I was sitting in a Piedmont or Envoy Embraer 145, taxiing at Dallas when we go past a Qantas A380. Man, the scale of that airframe felt other-wordly when seeing it from the ground. Around that time, August of 2015, I came across Infinite Flight, and decided to give it a shot. I guess it worked, because here I am six years later.

I like to think Infinite Flight has done a lot for my passion for aviation and has helped keep it going, because it has. Now, this summer I’ll be chasing flight time with a local flight school, and eventually my PPL. From there, who knows? I’m aiming for the left seat of an aircraft, but the one with a yoke instead of seatback entertainment.

But, I’d like to thank you guys for being there for me, for the community. Without it, who knows where I would be in regards to interests, career choice, etc. Below is a list of people I wanted to tag, but if you’re not here don’t worry, you’re just as important as everyone else here.

@DeerCrusher - Matt, my favorite moderator (no offense to any others), you know how to lighten the mood, and personally you were quite more tolerant than I was, well, during the more childish and immature times of my life.
@schyllberg - You were the first person I got in touch with here! Albeit, it was explosive and heated on my end over what amounts to next to nothing. Apologies for that, but I’m glad things have improved.
@jasonrosewell - You’re quite a prominent figure here, and an inspiring one on Instagram. Nothing makes me envy GA flying like your flightcastaudio posts!
@Captain-787 - We sure did have a blast back in 2020, with all the events and competitions we’d host together. Good times!
@Airborne_Canuck - Your Infinite Flight photography was or is unlike any other, and is an inspiration in regards to my own photography.

Here's my favorite Air Canada edit for you:

@Rolls - Right to the point: you have a sense of humor that makes me laugh. That’s good enough to be on this list.

And a list of those that I didn’t give a description. Sorry not sorry.

@Butter_Boi
@MJP_27
@AvioesEJogos
@Alec
@Kamryn
@AviationFreak
@Zachary
@Zhopkins
@CaptainZac
@IF787
@SWAviator
@Camille
@ran
@tunamkol
@Flightistic
@Elodie

Thanks for reading, and here’s to the next four!.. Assuming I don’t go mental by then.

23 Likes

That moment when you accidentally say you weren’t abiding by the terms of service for 2 years… 🙃

I’m glad you enjoy the Instagram posts!

35 Likes

Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, Congratulations!

1 Like

It was no accident 😉

6 Likes

It also wasn’t super smart. Let’s set a good example for new users. Our terms are in place for a reason.

21 Likes

Good luck with your training bud 🤘

1 Like

Happy four years 🎉

3 Likes

😂 Well, thank you!

1 Like

4 years. 💀
You joined even younger than me. I can’t wait to see what you do in the future!

1 Like

You might want to fix the title Uno not Un

Sorry bud, but I believe the title is French, and being my first language, I can confirm that “One” in French is “Un”. If you thought it was Spanish, however, it would indeed be with an O but this is French :)

4 Likes

Est-qe tu parles français?

Like @Camille said, the title’s in French. ;)

1 Like

non

2 Likes

This thread is so wholesome! Congrats on 4 years, and here’s to the future! 🥂

1 Like

29 Likes

Jeeze 4 years! Pleasure knowing you my friend!

4 Likes

Oui, si je vis en France, c’est quand même plus pratique 🙃

Et toi?

1 Like

Oui, je parle français. Je déteste ça.

Congratulations! Happy fourth! 🎉

1 Like

Franchement a part les accents, c’est une super langue…

…mais comme il y a des accents dans presque chaque mot…

1 Like