Ultra long haul, long haul, medium haul and short haul flights

I am just curious what your favorite type of flight is. For me it’s long haul from EWR-LAX and LHR-JFK but I’m becoming interested in short haul from IAH-SAT and LAX-SFO.

1 Like

I Like the short haul flights personally, however, I like to fly long-haul flights such as Dubai to London Heathrow Airport at night! (So I can sleep during most of the flight.)

2 Likes

Like the medium to short. If I have the time for long haul, I’ll do one…but I usually don’t.

Haven’t been a able to fly a long haul yet. However it will probably be transatlantic routes. Also for the rest haven’t done enough to choose a favorite.

Short haul. More landings!!

5 Likes

MMMX-LIRF is an amazingly scenic flight. 11 hours and 30 minutes.

6 Likes

Medium haul from jfk to EIDW about a 5 hour flight

1 Like

KSFO-WSSS is 15:27 flight time

2 Likes

I’ve enjoyed the medium hauls a lot. Not too long, so I don’t have to wait 8 hours, but not too short so I am not stuck in smaller planes. The three - four hour flights give enough time to enjoy the scenery, use larger planes, and gain some flight time.

3 Likes

That’s why I am starting to like short haul. I need to perfect the last 500 feet of my flights so I have more soft landings.

1 Like

Long haul is of course my favourite! It enables me to gain lots of flight time whilst sleeping and also discover beautiful scenery!

5 Likes

I am known to dabble in ULH flights 😏

7 Likes

I will do a nice mix of long haul and short haul flights. For example, I have already done a flight from Luxembourg to London City which is a nice short hop. I have also done a flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Frankfurt, however my app crashed after 8 hours.

1 Like

D5A92F9B-C984-48DC-8388-F24A68FFFD73 I think this is long haul

3 Likes

How long was that flight?

1 Like

19h (18h and 57mins)

1 Like

I can barely stand 16 let alone 19

1 Like

That was the last flight in my around the world (YSSY -> KLAX -> KIAD -> EGLL -> YSSY)

3 Likes

See I only do direct flights, I could handle something like that for that long then.

1 Like

I just completed my first long haul flight, EDDI to KJFK. 8 hours and 3 mins with a380-800