Ultra long haul flight

Hello! Later on tonight(uk time) I will be starting a ultra long haul flight whilst I sleep so I can finish it when I wake up. I have looked at the suggested routes but I also want to see if anyone has any they can think of and if anyone wants to join me…? I’ll probably be flying from LHR or to LHR in some form of British Airways aircraft.

Maybe Hong Kong to LHR or somewhere in Singapore to LA in an A350(not in BA livery)

1 Like

You can always try the longest commercial flight ever completed. London Heathrow to Sydney in a Qantas 787-9.

3 Likes

If you are very brave London - Perth is good! The app may crash tho if IOS!

1 Like

Singapore to Newark 19 hours

2 Likes

If your flying from LHR, EGLL - KMCO (777-300ER) is a nice route and you’ll have ATC on arrival

1 Like

Please read the topic he would prefer to go from LHR!
Thanks!
Cign :D

1 Like

How many hours?

He might change is mind so mine suggestion could be an option for him

3 Likes

You could fly with a British Airways Boeing 747-400 from London Heathrow to Cape Town (BA 59) offers some amazing scenic views. I’d also recommend a flight to or from Singapore with Singapore Airlines on their Airbus A350-900 XWB or their Boeing 777W.

1 Like

If you want ultra-long haul British Airways, I’d recommend London to Santiago, Chile. It’s a picturesque route and it’s the longest currently offered by BA.

1 Like

Ultra long haul so like 12+

1 Like

True true. I might give that a shot, let’s say I start the flight at 10pm BST would ATC still be available?

2 Likes

aslong as you land after 0600Z (0700 UK time) you should have ATC

1 Like

Okay! Got it I’ll plan it out soon.

1 Like

This is the IRL Flight (meant to say EGKK not EGLL sorry) - https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW2037, you can use that to plan a realistic flight

1 Like

Okay! EGKK is fine too since they did operate a or still do a 777-200 out of Gatwick. I’ll check it out now.

2 Likes

LHR-LAX on BA789! :)

2 Likes

I could do that but I might over sleep that flight lol.

2 Likes

Not sure if that counts as a commercial flight. There was a direct flight from Paris to Tahiti a while back though, because COVID 19 issues (longer than SQ22)

1 Like

From what I found it was proposed but never actually happened.

1 Like