UK to Aus flight

Hello All,

A couple of questions regarding a recent flight to Aus. I have been flying the 787 recently and have wanted to complete a fly to Australia. I have noticed some rocking when at 38000ft, flying at 0.85 Mach.

Reading everywhere else I have tried everything, people have been saying about it being heavy and that leads me to my next question. An 18ish hour flight I would expect to fill 100% on the fuel whilst minimising passengers and having no cargo.

Has anyone had this issue with the rocking and can anyone give some advice regarding flight time, fuel total and cruising details for such a long flight

Thanks

1 Like

Hey mate! What are the winds at the time? As the rocking may be caused by turbulence. Or is it a different type of rocking…

1 Like

How far into the flight were you and what was your weight?

2 Likes

If your starting your flight, there is no reasonable explanation that you should be at FL380, what’s your load% right now?

1 Like

Check out this topic I made a while back. It’s a great route to try, and when timed just right, you can also get some awesome screenshots!

1 Like

He may also be heading to Perth so a much different fpl

2 Likes

Right, but the tips and tricks used for EGLL-YPPH or EGLL-YSSY are still quite the same 🙂

1 Like

Thanks all for your replies. So I checked back and the weight was on max fuel (101,322kg) and pax (20,914kg). Whether this is the issue I don’t know, but then again, I am also lost about how quickly I should climb to cruising altitude, my actual cruising altitude and my fuel requirements. Anyone able to help out?

1 Like

No not really, but best of luck on your flight

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.