U.S. Manufactured aircraft operated by Portuguese carriers

Before you read further please be advised that this is not a Boeing vs. Airbus or U.S. vs. European manufactured aircraft thread. While I am more of a Boeing fan than an Airbus fan for reasons i’ll keep to myself (unless you want to discuss lol), I agree that both companies build great planes & I’m a big fan of the A310. This thread is to discuss the interesting and rarely discussed topic of U.S. manufactured aircraft operated by Portuguese carriers historically and currently.

Unknown to many, TAP Air Portugal who currently operates an all Airbus fleet once operated a mostly American aircraft fleet featuring some of the greatest classic airliners ever built: Boeing 707, 727, 737-200, 747-200 (TAP classic livery featured in IF!), and the Lockheed L-1011 Tristar. The French build Caravelle, another great airliner was also operated by TAP.

Euro Atlantic Airways (based in Lisbon) still operates a mostly Boeing fleet on some very interesting routes. These aircraft include the Boeing 737, 757, 767, and 777.

Please feel free to discuss these topics to include if you’d like to see some of these aircraft and/or liveries included in IF, routing for global, etc. I know I plan to fly some routes flown by TAP, SATA and Euro Atlantic Airways once Global hits the block. Cheers!

1 Like

Hey!
You are currently a basic user. To post a feature request, you need to be a member (TL2) or above. To become a member, continue to be active by, liking posts, reading topics, etc. and you will get promoted before you know it. Once you become a member, not only will you be able to make feature requests, you’ll be able to post in the events category and virtual airline category.
Welcome and enjoy your stay on the forums.

Before anyone says this isn’t a feature request; [quote=“beachboy0910, post:1, topic:108937”]
feel free to discuss these topics to include if you’d like to see some of these aircraft and/or liveries included in IF
[/quote]

4 Likes