Typical Cruise Altitude

What is the typical Cruise height (if there is any) and speed(!)

For like …

-1h
-2h
-3h - 6h
-6h - 12h …flights?

In an airliner ofc.

Hello,

You have created an abundance of topics today. I urge you to check out the user guide and to check out the #ground-school and #ground-school:community-tutorials categories as they will help you will a lot of the questions you have asked

14 Likes

It depends on a lot of things. Typically airliners will step climb to preserve fuel on longer flights. But, when choosing an altitude, just remember North East is odd and South West is even.

1 Like

Just look up the flight you wanna do on FR24 and cruise at what they cruised IRL…

Personally, I’d recommend using a flight planning tool like Simbrief or FPLtoIF They’ll tell you everything from fuel, routing, and a cruise altitude.

The average airline generally cruises between 28,000 to 42,000 feet and during commercial, IFR flights the aircrafts have to cruise at intervals of 1,000 (34,000 not 34,500). Furthermore, in most instances aircrafts cruise at even altitudes when flying west and odd when flying east to maintain 1,000 feet separation if aircraft are on the same airway. Honestly, I would just use sim brief and see what altitude it gives you or check FR24. Feel free to message me if you need anymore help.

1 Like

Well on simbrief planing i got plan out when 200 nm route is set up to fl 370,and its hapen quite offten,even on flight radar sometime data is wired,pretty much 100 % accuracy u got when u buy upgraded flightradar subscribtion,all free stuffs are wired and fake somehow

Keep in mind Simbrief uses a realistic descent profile. Most people in IF seem to descend very slowly. This means - if you are one of those people - that you may think that is very high for such a flight, when actually, it isn’t. FL370 should be fine for a 200NM flight. Hopefully that makes sense as I realise that isn’t the best explanation.