Two Years on The IFC

Well, here we are. May 11th, 2021.

So what’s so special about May 11th? Well, today two years ago was the day I joined the IFC. Man, two years on the IFC, wow. When I first joined I never thought I would be around here for two years. It’s absolutely crazy.

I first joined the IFC on May 11th, 2019. I forgot what time I joined exactly, but my first post was on one of @Matthew_20204’s events, specifically the Seattle Flyout. My first post was posted at 2:24PM local time, right before the event. And I’ve gotta say, if it weren’t for seeing that event or being shown such hospitality when I first joined, I may not have stuck around.

My first ever topic was made the same evening, at 9:41 local time (it can be found here).

Throughout 2019, I became more and more active around the IFC, exploring the #screenshots-and-videos category, which to this day is still my favorite and more visited category. It’s crazy to think that many of the early things I did set the course for my IF journey.

In my two years on the IFC, I’ve helped start a VO, and I’m so proud to have done it with so many great people to help each other make it happen. I’ve seen friends come and go, I’ve seen friends get suspended, and I’ve seen them come back. I’ve seen the good, the bad, and everything in between about IF and the IFC. But I’m glad I stuck around and didn’t leave, if I did then I wouldn’t be writing this today!

Looking back, I’m glad I joined when I did. Back in 2019, the IFC was a different place. I don’t know how to describe it, but the atmosphere here was just better. In 2020 it started declining, something I’m sure everyone noticed. But now, I’m glad to see that it’s starting to get better again. It’s still not like the IFC’s good old days just yet, but it’s getting there.

Now it’s time for the age old question, will I stick around the IFC? All things considered, I’m proud to say that answe is a resounding yes. The IFC may not be perfect, but this place is awesome. The people here make this place worth sticking around for.

Here’s to many more years down the road. Cheers! 🥂

38 Likes

Has it been that long already?

1 Like

Happy 2 Years - I myself have been here around 3 and a half years now and I can’t imagine what I would be doing in the time I’ve spent each day here.

Hope you continue to stick around and enjoy your time here. Cheers to more years to come 🥂🥂

1 Like

1 Like

I remember Matthew’s events, such classics. Congrats on two years and for many more to come!

1 Like

I got this man a cake! I also gave him butter, but anyways

Happy 2 years!

1 Like

I guess you mean, down the runway or in the skies.

Congrats to 2 years!

Blue Skies and Tailwinds Ahead :)

1 Like

Congrats pal! It’s really insane how much has happened in two years. Two years ago, we never would have dreamed of getting buildings, yet here we are. And in two more years, who knows, maybe we’ll have the MD-80 🤷‍♂️

What I’m saying is that time flies, congrats on your anniversary.

2 Likes

And get the DC9 and 717 rework too

2 Likes

Happy two years Butter_Boi! So happy to have you as a friend!

2 Likes

That two years went by way to quick.

1 Like

Thanks y’all! Everything said here means so much to me, so I mean it, thank you guys, for everything. 🙂

2 Likes

Happy 2 year anniversary @Butter_Boi
Glad that you are a part of this community! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

1 Like

Thanks!

Two years on the IFC and I’m still goin’ strong — just like gold. - Willian Devane.

1 Like

Congratulations on 2 years! 🎉

Wait hold on, we have the same anniversary day?

Happy 2 years!

1 Like

Happy anniversary to you too good sir, looks like we’re both celebrating today!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.