TwinsRock88's [ATC Tracking Thread] // [KFLL] [TS1] // [Closed]

Feel Free to give me some feed back too!

I’ll be there! I’ve got my 737BBJ ready!

Hey do you have any feedback for me?

Are you still open now?

I closed just now. sorry

Pattern Entry

You made a few mistakes when it comes to the use of pattern entry. First off, you seemed to be trying to sequence the first aircraft in line using pattern entries. There is no actual sequencing for the first aircraft, because sequencing is used to instruct an aircraft to follow another aircraft ahead of it. Because this aircraft is first in line, they have no one to follow, and therefore no sequencing is needed.

The use of pattern entries is for switching an aircraft’s runway, or entering an inbound aircraft into the pattern. Each runway has it’s own pattern, so even if they’re close together and or parallel, they still have their own patterns. When I requested runway changes, you multiple times simply only gave me a sequencing command. A pattern entry command would have “enter” as part of it, that can help you differentiate the two. To make it simpler, sequencing is the option for sequencing aircraft that are already in the pattern. Pattern entry is as previously explain. It does, although, have a sequencing command woven in to make it cleaner on the frequency, and take up less time and space when given.

When giving enter commands to aircraft switching runways, it’s important to keep in mind where you enter them (downwind/base/final) whichever you pick should make sense relative to the plane’s position in the pattern and what you want them to do. Just something to keep in mind, that this part of the command also matters.

Sequencing

Sequencing, as explained above, is used for instructing an aircraft to follow another aircraft in front of it. This is a very powerful tool, as once it is instructed to the pilot of who to follow, wether it be woven into a pattern entry for a aircraft new to that pattern, or given out on it’s own. Once you give a sequencing command to an aircraft, it now becomes the responsibility of the pilot to maintain a safe distance ahead of the aircraft it’s following, as well as following the correct aircraft. This also means waiting to turn to base until the aircraft they’re following has already turned to base. Make sure to use sequencing alone, and pattern entries in their proper use case, and not to mix up the two on which to use when. Sequencing is the best way to prevent from over-controlling, which is something you showed.

Once an aircraft is sequenced, wether it be 2nd or 7th, they know to follow a specific aircraft. Unless you wish to move the sequenced aircraft ahead or behind in the sequencing, a new sequencing command is not required. For example, if I’m sequenced for number 4, and to follow traffic on downwind, I know which aircraft to follow. If the first aircraft lands, making me now number 3, and the aircraft I’m following turns base, I still know which aircraft to follow, and my number in the pattern is not relevant. In this case, a re-sequencing is not necessary. I’m not sure if this was something you were doing or not, but I did see this occur on one occasion, and just wanted to clarify that point.

Over-Controlling

Over-Controlling refers to the controlling by a controller that is unnecessary. In this case, I’m referring to your speed and extend downwind/turn base commands. Once you give sequencing to the second, third, etc. aircraft, it becomes their responsibility to follow at a safe distance behind the aircraft in front of them. The main use of all these over-controlling commands you used are for making space in between arrivals for departures. If you had many departures arriving, you may want to speed up the first, and slow the rest, to make a gap for a departure. When it comes to the spacing between arrivals, leave it to the pilots once you’ve properly sequenced them. Worst case, a pilot cannot keep a safe distance with the aircraft in front of him, and you send him around for another chance.

Late Landing Clearance

Just a minor thing, but do make sure that you’ve got all your aircraft cleared in time. In the case of one aircraft, I believe you forgot to clear them entirely once, causing them to have to go around. On another occasion, you almost barely caught yourself. The information tags that follow our aircraft icons on the map will turn green once you’ve cleared us to land or for the option and should clear once we touch down or call a go around, so use that to make sure everyone is cleared.

Line Up And Wait (LUAW)

The use of LUAW is to reduce wait times between departures. You can have one aircraft lined up and waiting to just go straight rather than have to make the turn onto the runway after they’ve been cleared for takeoff. I’m assuming you knew this, although the only chance that I saw you had to use this, it seemed as though you had some connection issues.

That’s all the feedback I have. If you have any questions or need clarification, feel free to ask or DM me. If you’re serious about getting into the IFATC and are qualified to join, look into the IFATC Scouters. I am one myself, hence my thorough feedback. We’d be happy to help you out!

7 Likes

Tish hit it right on. Good job!

I am now opened again for pattern work and feedback!

You might as well edit this post’s title to “Open”

K sorry. Forgot to edit

Thank you for those who have been doing the pattern work so far!

If you have any feedback I would love to hear it

Hey guys thanks for the last pattern work for those who came and did a couple of rounds! I am now open again so I can continue to learn more and master my skills! If you have time feel free to drop by!

Hey it seems like nobody came on so I am now closed

I am now Open for professional atc pattern work to help me train more!
Runways
28L/28R

Planes
A318/19/20
B737/757
Fighter Jets

1 Like

KFLL Tower & Ground are now closed

1 Like

I am now Open for professional atc pattern work to help me train more!
Runways
28L/28R

Planes
A318/19/20
B737/757
Fighter Jets

I’ll pop in for a few patterns.

I am opened at RCTP for either departures or Professional Pattern work. Please take all the commands seriously and make sure to send me feedback. Thank you!
[PatternWork Planes]
A318/19/21
B737/757
Fighter Jets
All MD

[KCTP] // [Closed]
Thank You to those who came out!