TVs on Air Canada CRJ-900

I noticed that the CRJ-900 Air Canada does not have any TVs. In real life, it does. It would be nice to have this in the Air Canada CRJ-900.
Photo is not mine

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Canada-Jazz/Bombardier-CRJ-705ER-CL-600-2D15/1200506/L
Just a notice, I mean a blank screen. Not one that you can watch movies with!
Also, no need to do this immediately. Just do it once everything is fixed.

I suppose that would be cool, but I would not notice it enough I don’t think…

7 Likes

The interior seats aren’t specifically designed for a specific livery. It would most likely create memory issues if we had a TV or a different seat color for every specific livery that either has one or doesn’t.

4 Likes

In flight I would probably spend more time looking at the amazing scenery rather then looking at the screen for a few hours.

1 Like

I dont know if your correct on the memory issues part as global is way bigger than liveries, but I agree that this is not on my priority list. However it would be cool if we did have this feature!

1 Like

Yeah I understand but maybe in the future or as a unlikely surprise in a future update. But I’m sure that the wide body cabins will have IFE’s behind the seat depending on era it was in or it’s modern use. :)

2 Likes

This brings up a good point, if we start doing TVs, then people will want colors, then layouts, and I could really see this spiraling out of control at some point…

3 Likes

Hmmm… Could we have real movies play in each seat please? And a full IFE movie list with the latest releases as well? So we could watch them real time during our flight? Also please makeitfree.

Really I think it is a pretty small detail. If it’s modeled, great, otherwise I’m not losing sleep over it :)

1 Like

Yeah I want to keep it simple for now*. Maybe when all of it the majority of the planes have cabins. But the wide bodies might have IFE’s behind or above the seats. ;)

1 Like

Maybe we could access the community through the IFE’s behind the seats. 😂

4 Likes

And people wonder why they get violations… They are too busy watching TV from the back of the plane instead of flying the plane.

14 Likes

Hahah. But what if it’s Casual?🤷‍♂️

All the seats are just default seats
IFE would be added in Heavies probably

I meant have a black screen! Not one where you can use. Just blank. I just thought it would be a nice feature.

1 Like

Only a blank screen.

1 Like

I can understand your idea and sure it would be nice, but it’s a little overkill at this stage of development. There are PLENTY other things need to be done before „wasting“ capacities in things like adjusted cabins (my opinion). I’m talking about working taxi lights, working cockpit instruments and more aircraft systems.

2 Likes

That is true. I meant to have this after everything is fixed.

1 Like

So maybe this would have been better to make one everything has been done? Just my opinion, because this might have to stay open for a while. (Probably a few years) But you never know, I have seen feature request that are still open from 2016 or were recently closed.

Taxi lights were requested years ago (yes, years), smt like this should be done first. Also for examples taxi lights would really enhance the experience, mood lighting or seats with passengers are nice to have, but there are plenty of other things need to be done first.

Ok I never said anything about that. The point of my post was to say (as my opinion), that maybe it was too early to request this, especially considering the seats aren’t specifically designed for each certain livery. Plus it will be a while until we have all aircraft updated to what we have now with the CRJ. Also if you want taxi lights then vote for them. :)

1 Like