Turn Coordinator in HUD

Hey, I’m proposing that we have a turn coordinator as an option in the lower status bar in infinite Flight.

Here’s an image of the turn coordinator:

It will show a 2min turn, a slipping or skidding turn.

If we could have this in the HUD:

Or possibly even the lower status bar (highlighted in red):

So what do you think of this idea?

PS. I am typing this on my phone so it isn’t as great as other feature requests

If you taxi at the correct speed, you shouldn’t be skidding anyway…

Plus, we already have the HUD view where it measures your turn.

1 Like

I’m meaning in the air… Not on the ground

1 Like

Well if you are flying a 172. It doesn’t have a HUD. So it’s not realistic

1 Like

Really?? Is that so…

IMG_0185

I mean IRL… Every aircraft has a hu.d in if

3 Likes

No argueing please, @Aussie_Wombat Maybe be more descriptive so people know what your talking about.

2 Likes

I wasn’t arguing (seguing😉 Yes. I caught your edit)

2 Likes

You have my vote, but there is a much better way to implement this than by putting it in the status bar. Because ROTs are usually preformed under IFR, this should just be implemented in the HUD. Take the G1000 as an example.
IMG_2533
In the red circles, you’ll notice white lines. IRL, you line the heading trend vector up with these lines to preform an ROT. We already have the trend vector in IF, so only the lines would need to be added with the HUD.

2 Likes

MaxSez: No Steam Gage’s for me. I had my fill of 6 packs. I’m all in for Glass Cockpit Instrumentation/avionics.
(If you have the money you can order a Glass panel for a 172 or any other GA model new or retrofitted. The only thing keeping Glass out of all GA is cost and stodgy old crows who refuses to step out of the past)

2 Likes

Definitely got my vote, and it is unrealistic with the hud in the Cessna. What if you don’t want to use cockpit hud…

1 Like

@Cole_Collins… MaxSez: Don’t want to use the HUD no problem. In cockpit view remove the HUD by toggling its switch. Set up the Dash Board in a six pack configuration. I fly light GA in this fashion periodically, but I prefer the HUD with its velocity vector.

1 Like

Status bar is usually for basic data, not instruments. As I don’t see animated cockpits coming in the foreseeable future, it’d be best placed in the HUD. The HUD is also required for IFR, and ROTs are IFR maneuvers.

2 Likes

I already know that, I was saying what if we want to use the instruments instead…

2 Likes

Yes that certainly would be a good idea 😃

Something like this ^

2 Likes

Where will the ILS heading indicator go?

1 Like

Oh yeah so true 😂, well if the developers do decide to implement this then they can decide where to put it. Over the coming days I’ll keep experimenting with places it can go :)

1 Like