Turkish Airlines Dreamliner window melts during photoshoot

Turkish Airlines, You done messed up.

this is possibly the weirdest incidident ever imo…

News:

The FAA finds another default in the B787-9!

I sure hope not, Boeing has been in a lot of trouble lately.

2 Likes

No wonder the first flight was delayed by a day, it was supposed to be July 8th and now it will be July 9th. This very well could be the reason why

8 Likes

If you’ve seen 787’s land after routine flights not one window is damaged in normal sunlight. What these windows experienced here was a high power spotlight shining at close range continuously focusing the heat onto those windows. Yes, Boeing’s had a rough year, but I think this time the spotlight guy is the problem.

11 Likes

Yeah and to fix they have to remove that interior paneling,but to do that they have remove 3-7 rows of seats.Thats some money going to pay for the labor.
Eh,I guess the publicity will pay for it🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Very true…

1 Like

Seems like a lot of really dangerous or mindless stuff is happening recently in aviation for really stupid reasons

1. MAX 8 killings - caused by bit flips and RAISING THE JET ABOVE THE FREAKING WING
  2. This - too many spotlights
  3. A380s flying very short hauls - Emirates I’d unwilling to buy smaller jets
    And countless other scenarios. It raises a big question. Why do these things keep happening?
2 Likes

Only one. The Max. The others aren’t safety issues just. This is an accident which can be easily fixed. The A380, well that’s such a versatile plane that it can do very short or very long flights, it’s not dangerous or silly to use an A380 for such a short flight, if they can fill it then it’s making money.

4 Likes

We just aren’t catching these things quick enough and fixing it. The A380 is a different scenario I will give you that but to me at least it seems like people are fairly commonly seeing stuff and not pointing out the strange things

1 Like

One thing for sure,This is going to be a “Fun” year for aviaton.
Boeings last chance to save themselves is the 777X Launch,People will demand it to be perfect or the usual Boeing customers will cry all the way to the Bank - In Toulouse

2 Likes

It really isn’t their “last chance.” They’re still churning out 787’s, 737’s, 767’s, 777’s and more.

1 Like

Don’t use spotlights; that’s poor planning in action right there! Film in the day!

I agree with @Matt737 here…

787/777/737NG/75/76F/748/F are still in production to name a few, and are very popular, it’s not like Boeing has been fully crippled from the 737 Max crashes.

As much as the “mainstream news” is rightfully bashed for over sensationalizing aviation news, sometimes it happens here on the IFC too.

2 Likes

It happens all the time. People are so quick to assume.

1 Like

whats worse? the fact that this happened, or that fact that im not surprised?

I love Turkish Airlines a lot and it really hurt me to say that lol

Yall:
The actual exterior window was not damaged,
Only the interior plastic window was.

So if this somehow took place I mid air would the cockpit be depressurized?

You do realize that some airplanes just have the propulsion above the wing, right?

They just need the capacity they are fat and short flights so to speak…

Solution to melting windows: just remove them entirely. Never hurts to have a bit of fresh air at 40,000 ft.

4 Likes

No, the actual barrier between the interior and atmosphere was not broken