Two new routes have been announced and are set to launch this year.
1. Turkish Airlines Announces Istanbul to Vancouver
Turkish Airlines has announced its third Canadian destination, Vancouver.
- Turkish Airlines already serves both Montreal and Toronto.
- Istanbul to Vancouver will be served three times a week on the Boeing 787-9.
- Flight begins on June 9, 2020.
- This will also be Vancouver’s longest destination into Europe.
2. Bamboo Airways Announces Hanoi to Prague
Bamboo Airways will be launching its first ever long-haul route starting with Prague.
- This will be the only nonstop flight between Vietnam and the Czech Republic.
- This route was formally announced last month in conjunction with celebrating 70 years of diplomatic relations with Vietnam and the Czech Republic along with Bamboo Airways’ first anniversary.
- Bamboo Airways will fly on Sunday and Wednesday. From Prague, the plane will fly at 18:05 and land in Hanoi at 9:35 local time after 10 hours and 30 minutes of flight.
- The flight back from Hanoi leaves at 9:20, and will land in Prague at 4 pm after 11 hours and 40 minutes.
- The flight is now available for booking, operating twice a week on Bamboo Airways’ brand-new Boeing 787-9s.
Images from their respective airlines.
Congrats to these airlines on launching these new routes, especially Bamboo Airways’ for its upcoming first long-haul route! As Bamboo Airways is expected to receive a total of 30 787-9s, they should be announcing more long-haul routes in the near future. I’m personally excited for both of these.
What are your thoughts on these new routes?