Turkey Thursday @ PHTO - 292100ZDEC16

Server: Training

Region: Hawaii Region

Airport: PHTO - PHNL

Time: 2100Z

NOTAM: QANTAS VIRTUAL TURKEY THURSDAY FLIGHT!

To help ease down that last serving of Turkey Curry or Turkey and Ham Pie to make room for the New Year Celebrations come and enjoy a flight from PHTO, over the islands to PHNL. Come along in any of your favourite Qantas Group Aircraft, or other aircraft suitable for the region.

A320 - JetStar
B717 / D8Q4 / B767, B787 (Jetstar or Qantas) or B744. Be great to see B717s and B767s in Hawaiian livery too!

If a Qantas Pilot then please use your Pilot ID as your call sign.

Look forward to seeing you there as a New Year warm up!

David L
QFA0014

5 Likes

I saw the word turkey and I clicked in 0.2 seconds flat ๐Ÿ˜‚

8 Likes

I am presently awaiting practical exam after passing theoretical exam. Is this event open to me?

2 Likes

Man, some of us donโ€™t even fly. And some of us have our commercial license, I think your just fine:)

3 Likes

Cheers. Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

So true! I did that as soon as I got a glimpse of โ€œTurkeyโ€โ€ฆ

2 Likes

All are welcome to come and join this event, you donโ€™t even have to be a member of Qantas Virtual, just enjoy flying the worlds best flight sim for the mobile community!

3 Likes

Iโ€™ll come along, my callsign will be ROGUE1,
Also should we assign parking

2 Likes

Using 08 ( with the wind) to take off at PHTO, and at moment 26 @ PHNL

Thanks to all those came along, fantastic flight. Thanks to those who came along as ATC as well,great job for both PHTO ( sorry didnโ€™t get your name!) as well as @ South African for PHNL approach and @ Rory Captain Halum who ran PHNL twr and Gnd, great job guys!!

A few pics below, please add your own, please PM me for PIREP details all Qantas pilots.

2 Likes

@South African was me and Iโ€™m glad to being with friends from Qantas VA๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š. Sorry for the mishap at Hilo tower. By the time I logged in some were already holding short at 08 and some at 26. Happy new year to all.

PS: I will come at other events as well.๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘

You did a fantastic job @SAA_A346 with that, like Aspen sometimes you have people landing in one direction whilst you have people taking off in the other ( silly place to put a volcano!). The D8Q4s where planning to use that intersection whilst the rest of us should have gone right to the end and used the full length.

You should consider joining IFATC as your skills where A1.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.