Turbulent Tuesday - Skyhawk Skills Test @ KLXV - 311900ZJAN17

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Turbulent Tuesday Casual Server Event:
Skyhawk Skills Challenge

This week we head to the mountains of the Denver region to test your skills in the Skyhawk 172. This will be a nice casual flight in the 172 from Lake Co (KLXV) to Eagle County (KEGE). The maximum altitude for this flight is 10,500 ft MSL. With KLXV’s field elevation being 9,927 ft MSL, you will only need to climb just over 500 ft to reach the maximum altitude. This will hopefully be another fun event. Remember, this is a Skyhawk 172 ONLY event.

Be sure to share your pictures for a chance to have one shared on our Instagram page!

Event details:
• Casual Server ONLY
• Tuesday January 31, 2017
• Event Start Time - 19:00 ZULU (11:00AM PST)
• Event End Time - 10:00 ZULU (2:00 AM PST on February 1st)
• Region: Denver
• Aircraft type: Cessna Skyhawk 172 ONLY
• Starting location: KLXV
Hope to see everyone there!

*A valid Live subscription is needed.

28 Likes

excited for this event, hope to see alot of people at this event

I was born ready for this. Heck, I practically invented this test. My skills in a C172 are second to none.

I may have to show for this one.

2 Likes

I will hopefully be joining. Looks like a fun event.

It Will be a fun event. I will be there

1 Like

Because your skills in other aircraft are magnificent 🙄

imagelet’s get this event rolling Skyhawk hehehe…see u there bud! 😉📽👍🏼

Fun turbulent tuesday! interesting landings :-)

I’m heading out if anyone wants to join me.

Me earlier today!

1 Like

1 Like

Anyone still around to fly? I’m at KLXV and will depart shortly.

1 Like

that initial climb sure is tough and unforgiving

1 Like

It was a pain!! Were u the one who followed me the whole way? I must have crashed 5 times before i was airborne.

1 Like

yes! I fly with no airplane names or dots but I was trying to get a visual on you the whole time, and it was challenging. to be honest I was trying to land with you and we accomplished it, though the third guy behind us clipped my wing at the very end. I started my run with no flaps just so I could get to 80kts or so, then I threw 10% flaps and I was barely airborne, I tried to follow your path but you kept a good 2k feet above me. nice flight.

1 Like

Indeed it was! I went no flaps as well 0 trim… vs of 50 ish, then slowly just put out flaps as i kept climbing… kinda like changing gears lol. I didn’t wana be too close to the terrain such that if i did actually stall ( quite a possibility), i might have been able to recover! hope to fly with you again sometime!

1 Like

likewise, I had to use +5 trimmy VS was deff high, it was about 250 :p the safe thing would’ve been to gain altitude doing some 360s and then clearing that initial mountain range

1 Like

true… but i was on a bit of a time crunch and also a short fuse-crunch? That was my 6th attempt in the past 10 minutes haahahah

same thing, I was on my third attempt

1 Like