Turbulent Tuesday - Raptor Island Racing @ PHNL - 071900ZMAR17

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Turbulent Tuesday Casual Server Event:
Raptor Island Racing

It’s time for some high speed F-22 racing in the Hawaii region. We start at PHNL and race to PHTO and back. We takeoff from PHNL and fly to PHTO by circling around south of the island, crossing Hilo from the south and then flying back crossing over PHOG, and then around the north side of the island before landing back at PHNL. Should be fun and very interesting to see who takes the “checkered flag”. Do you have what it takes to win the race?

Be sure to share your pictures for a chance to have one shared on our Instagram page!

Event details:
• Casual Server ONLY
• Tuesday March 7, 2017
• Event Start Time - 19:00 ZULU (11:00AM PST)
• Event End Time - 10:00 ZULU (2:00 AM PST on March 8th)
• Region: Hawaii
• Aircraft type: F-22 Raptor
• Starting location: PHNL

Hope to see everyone there!

*A valid Live subscription is needed.

20 Likes

Ooh, this should be fun!

3 Likes

I can see a handful of people making the mistake on doing this on TS1 or Expert. Just you watch. 😁

8 Likes

Suggestion . . .

Howabout we all line up at PHNL at 18:55 Zulu and someone (Mark?) calls holding short (10 second countdown) and then call taking off which is our green light to all go!

I think the winner should be the pilot who actually successfully lands their F22 at the same runway as their take off at PHNL.

And lastly, it would be great if someone can film the landings back at PHNL and post here.

1 Like

Just had a quick practise. I hadnt flown the raptor before, the speed is relentless!

So we top out at a certain speed, just over 1300kn. You can push through this, but then it gets a bit wild and hallucinogenic.

With this being my first attempt at landing the raptor, i was on full flaps, 160kn and smashed straight into the runway with zero control. Do we land these things faster or is the sink rate different???

Try landing at around 140kts with 20 flaps (not full). Seems to work OK for me

1 Like

Woah its gonna be in early morning (start : 2 AM) for me, i hope there’ll be another event like this. I really enjoy flying low this plane with 1000 knots in R33 KASE approach mountains, its recommended for practice and for the next event. Happy landing !

1 Like

I am a winner!!!

Was about to ask if the “max 250 knots below 10,000 feet” violation was going to be active, but then saw that it is on the casual server… will be interesting to see the casual server be busy in another region other than San Francisco 😛😛😛

image sure was fun! @northbrookrailfanner18 (Instagram)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.